• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem between Overclocking and League of Legends FPs Drops

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dude last time i listened to someone to change my powersupply voltage and i tried to turn my PC ON the powersupply exploded maybe it is set like that to work with the electric system in Egypt?

Like Mjolnir said this is BIOS shouldn'r be ab issue at all. One other thing follow that link I posted about APM and MSRTweaker. Turning off the APM should help the throttling and if you can fan a CoolerMaster 212 air cooler to replace that stock one.

Elmo, if you don't know the difference between "power supply voltage" and the CPU core voltage in bios my concern is you shouldn't be overclocking at all. You seem to not have a grasp on basic concepts involved with overclocking. At the very least you should go back and read the AMDs CPU Ultimate Sticky Thread at the top of this forum section. And definitely, you need to get a better CPU cooler if you will be overclocking. Study this section in that thread: Bulldozer Overclocking Guide - Everything you need to overclock bulldozer properly.

There are electronic components on the motherboard and within the CPU itself that take 12v from the power supply and manage it and in some cases step it down to supply the right amount to various such as the CPU, the memory and the fans. The bios provides controls that allow us to tweak these levels.

Last edited:
Elmo, if you don't know the difference between "power supply voltage" and the CPU core voltage in bios my concern is you shouldn't be overclocking at all. You seem to not have a grasp on basic concepts involved with overclocking. At the very least you should go back and read the AMDs CPU Ultimate Sticky Thread at the top of this forum section. And definitely, you need to get a better CPU cooler if you will be overclocking. Study this section in that thread: Bulldozer Overclocking Guide - Everything you need to overclock bulldozer properly.

There are electronic components on the motherboard and within the CPU itself that take 12v from the power supply and manage it and in some cases step it down to supply the right amount to various such as the CPU, the memory and the fans. The bios provides controls that allow us to tweak these levels.

No such thing, the reply was I just wanna make sure that it will not affect anything while changing it and also i can't find the option to change it to -0.5 it has like 1.100 and plus something like that

However about buying another cooling fan, Im broke atm i cannot buy anything you could help me try to reduce the heat other way or i could just leave it like that..

Also the MSRtweaker link doesn't work to download it

Here is the a picture from my bios. Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
AmdMsrTweaker v1.1

.:. General
---
AMD family 0x15, model 0x1 CPU, 4 cores
Default reference clock: 200 MHz
Available multipliers: 0.5 .. 31.5
Available voltage IDs: 0 .. 1.55 (0.0125 steps)

.:. Turbo
---
disabled
unlocked

.:. P-states
---
7 of 8 enabled (P0 .. P6)
Turbo P-states: P0 P1
---
P0: 19x at 1.4125V
NorthBridge in NB_P0
P1: 18.5x at 1.4125V
NorthBridge in NB_P0
P2: 20x at 1.35V
NorthBridge in NB_P0
P3: 16.5x at 1.275V
NorthBridge in NB_P0
P4: 12.5x at 1.1625V
NorthBridge in NB_P0
P5: 8.5x at 1.025V
NorthBridge in NB_P0
P6: 7x at 0.9625V
NorthBridge in NB_P0
---
NB_P0: 10x at 1.2375V

Press any key to exit...

Edit : I've showed u a screen from my bios which voltage should i choose?

From the command widow type AmdMsrTweaker APM=0
This disables Application Power Management (TDP limiting) for Bulldozer (use 1 to enable it)

In BIOS for the CPU voltage you have highlighted, doesn't appear to have an offset mode. So I would suggest setting a voltage of 1.35v and see where that takes us. Also disable tubocore and C&Q

The command line window doesn't let me type as it terminates after what i've typed above...

Also what is C&Q? cool and quiet? but i can't find it in my bios.

1. Unzip AMDMsrTweaker to a folder with the name "AmdMsrTweaker" and move it to the "C" drive
2. Create a .txt document named "AMDMsrTweaker", In the .txt document write C:\AmdMsrTweaker\AmdMsrTweaker.exe APM=0
3. save the .txt as .bat and move it to the folder where AmdMsrTweaker.exe is
4. right click on the .bat file and run as administrator.

Now test your PC again with P95, have HWMonitor open and watch the first column under CPU speed to make sure it's not dropping down to 1400 under load. If this works I'll tell you how to schedule it to start automatically

Last edited:
When I was OC'ing a friends FX 6300, it throttled in prime regardless, and I believed it to be an AMD thing. However this 'throttle' was only 3700-4000. But in games it would stick to a constant 4ghz. It only appeared to be prime that caused the fluctuation.

Try run another stress testing program and see if it does the same thing?

Try AMD Overdrive and look at the tab that shows the CPU activity. There's a graph and frequency report for each core. Watch it as you do the built-in AMDOD stress test.

Back