• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Problem moving Win7 to another drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JJ White

Registered
Hi,

I am trying to move my os to another drive, my current 150Gb:sly: drive is kind of small so I am upgrading to a 1Tb WD. I have this Marcium Reflect program to clone my current HDD to the new one. But the problem shows when I try the new HDD, it's drive letter doesn't change to C, also when it is the only drive in my system, and thus none of the programs can run, I can't even log in because the keyboard drivers don't work. I tried changing the letters in the windows partition program, but it doesn't allow me to change the letter to C.

What should I do? :shrug:

I would try this,
With 150 gig drive in sata0 and 1tb in sata1 boot up system as normal.
Go to control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disk management. Do a quick format of 1 tb drive, do not assign drive letter or path. Run Mercium and copy to drive.
Shut system down, remove sata cable from 150 mobo slot and replace with 1tb on and do not connect the 150. Start system and enter bios, change boot to the 1 tb drive, save and exit.
When system boots, go tro drive management and resize drive to full size. It should now have the letter C: and act normal.
Shutdown and reconnect 150 drive to sata 1 position, format and all should be good.

i use easus todo free home version works every time no problems as well

Back