• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem overclocking Intel q9650 with 1333mhz speed memory modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simauzas

Registered
Hi

I recently overclocked my q9650 to 3.6gzh, during stress test Maximum temperature was 52 celsius. I have Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR, wich can run ddr3 memory 2200+mhz speed. Now I have ddr3 which runs at maximum 1333mhz speed. My cpu is now set to 400x9, memory sets to 1333mhz, and system runs perfectly, but if I want to run cpu at 3.7 or higher, memory speed sets to more than 1333mhz, and system wont boot up, because my memory dosent support more than 1333. So I have a question, If I will upgrade my memory to ddr3 at 2133mhz speed, I will be able to OC higher than 3.6? Thanks.

My mobo supports:
DDR3 800 MHz
DDR3 1066 MHz
DDR3 1333 MHz
DDR3 2133 MHz

Likely, but whats the point? An eztra 100 mhz really wont yield much of anything. Time for a new PC. :)

Post cpuz screenshots of first tab, memory, and spd please..

I see you say you have 16Gb of ram but CPUz is only reporting 10Gb so something is amiss there. Most likely you need to add some NB/MCH voltage. What are the specs for your ram kits? Mixing kits isn't always a good idea

It is highly unlikely to run 4.5ghz.. 4ghz and change is possible. So 400 mhz.. thought you were already at 4 for some reason. :)

Back