• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with AMD 965 black.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Isaakk

Well I have a problem that I really don't understand when I play a game called Tibia, which can be played on internet browser the frequency of my processor keep varying from 3400MHz to 2800MHz, automatically.

Cool N Quiet disabled
Cpu thermal throttle disabled
Power plan on High perfomance, btw the Processor power management is disabled cuz Cool N Quiet is too.
Spread spectrum tried too disabling/enabling
Temperature is controlled, not higher than 50
No bios setting to AUTO controll or something.

I want my processor always at 3400 EVEN if it burns, I will controll the temperature I dont understand why this happen. Checked too with CPUID and seems like the BUS is lowered from 200 to 177~.
Thanks you.

It could be that the browser-based game is not actually making full use of the CPU, so it is clocking itself down. Not sure what this feature is called in BIOS. With Intel, it's Speedstep.

With AMD it's callled Cool N Quiet. If you go into bios you can disable it or you can disable the Windows driver that controls it by going into Control Panel Power Options and configuring it to High Performance. Cool N Quiet reduces the CPU speed and voltage at idle and very low demand but releases when more demand is called for.

thanks you guys but seems like you don't read whole post, there I say that Cool N Quiet is disabled on BIOS

Sorry. You're right. I didn't read the whole post. We see that sort of "problem" so often from noobs we have an almost automatic response.

You say temps max out at 50c. Which temps? CPU (socket) temps? Core temps? Have you been monitoring motherboard temps? You have told us very little about your system. We don't even know what kind of motherboard your are pairing this CPU with. We know nothing about your GPU, your PSU or your ram or your case.

Core temps, and yea I monitorize all temps, my mother board is ASRock 760GM-GS3, Gpu AMD Radeon HD 5670, the PSU is 750 Watts 3,3V=28A 5v=50A 12v=23A, RAM DDR3 1600 MHz and only one hard drive 500gb, thanks you this problem is annoying cuz FPS drops when processor does...

"No bios setting to Auto control or something"

What's that supposed to mean? Can you rephrase that using a complete sentence? Are you trying to say that all bios settings are on Manual?

yea, all bios on manual, btw I think the problem is solved, just updated CPUID and "seems" that the problem gone, but the fps still drops, must check if its cuz GPU downclock itself to repose

Make sure you have the latest bios installed for the motherboard and the latest driver for the video card.

Back