• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with GTX 690 one gpu stuck on idle clocks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

So I bought this GTX 690 off newegg open box some months ago and never really paid attention until recently but the B GPU is not clocking above the idle of 324mhz. In GPUZ it shows that this core is using 450% of the TDP and this is the reason its down clocked? While Core A is clocked to 9xx Mhz and only using 13% Tdp on idle. Also in games it will use both GPUs but the B core will not clock up but will have 99% utilization? So this leads me to believe the core is not faulty but not sure what’s going on. Ive tried the most recent drivers, drivers from 2014, 2015 also no luck from them.

System is
ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX
AMD 8320E at 4.3ghz
8gb ddr3
Windows 7 pro 64bit
750w Rosewell capstone 80+gold rated psu (Using both PCIe cables from psu not just one) This is the exact one im using.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...VC7nACh2w-g-sEAYYASABEgJov_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just wondering if there is a fix for this I updated the bios and reapplied thermal paste, but no luck. My next step is to bake it but I want to make sure its not my hardware before I go taking the heat sink back off because it’s a pain.

Thanks all,

Shadow :D

I am pretty sure a 690 is a dual gpu card on a single pcb. No top card. ;)

OP, id venture a guess here and say something is wrong with the card. To be clear, you flashed the gpu bios, correct? Does it do this in all games? Is sli enabled?

I am pretty sure a 690 is a dual gpu card on a single pcb. No top card. ;)

OP, id venture a guess here and say something is wrong with the card. To be clear, you flashed the gpu bios, correct? Does it do this in all games? Is sli enabled?

I'll just wander back to my corner and eat my popcorn, then.... :chair:

Sli is enabled and does it in all games that support sli. Here is a screen shot of what i was talking about.
First one is Gpu A Second pic is Gpu B
q2z.png
7a4.png

Last edited:
Back