• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with my BE6-2 v1.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

I have had this board for about a year and a half and I've never seen this problem before. After it goes through the postings and the HPT370 verifies my ATA/66 HDD, It says:

Detecting IDE drives ... None
Primary IDE channel no 80 conductor cable installed

I have had this problem for about 1 week now and it gets to where it will do it every time it boots up. I have changed the cable with a known GOOD cable but no fix. I have tried to change the power connector to the HDD with a different connector from the PSU, I have even tried flashing the newest BIOS but still no fix. It sees the floppy drive in its boot up but most of the time it will not boot off the floppy and sometimes it will not even boot after posting with a disk in the floppy. I was lucky once to get it to boot off the floppy so I could just flash the BIOS then it froze after it finished flashing and I restarted. It works fine though. It must have froze after I pressed F10 to restart so it's ok. Anyone ever seen a problem like this before?? Please help if ya can. Thanks.

Sounds like it could be a bad IDE cable, or one end might be loose in it's socket. Have you checked the cable, and/or tried replacing it with a known good one??

My $.02

Mr B

*nevermind...missed that line in you first post....Stimpy...you're an IDIOT!!*

You may have lost your ata ide slots. I used to have a BH6 that I lost my IDE 1 on the board. I had to go out and buy a controller card.

How the hell do you LOSE a slot? This is most disturbing to me. Nothing looked dislodged, burnt, broken, or lose. It doesn't do this all the time but has increased since it first started. The cable seats very securely in the connector. I thought that it might have been the HDD going out but I took all that out and put in my old ASUS A7V133 with 850 Duron to check the components out and everything checks out fine. This is most puzzling to me as I have never seen a problem like this before. Maybe my MB has just run out and is dying. Ah well. Goodbye Intel, hello AMD. I haven't had any problems with AMD yet in over a year. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me fix this problem. I give up. Hehe.

Those ATA66 IDE motherboard terminals have 80 little tiny soldered connections. If just one trace is broken and only making intermittant contact, then that could cause the problems.

Back