• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with my PC waking up on it's own.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laroldski

I have an ASUS X99-A Mobo and I have been running it for along time now at least 3 year's and I had to do a reformat and re-install Window's 10 Po 64 bit and now it keep's waking up at 11PM every night from sleep mode.

I have checked to make sure that the Lan stuff is all turned off I know how to do that properly from running into this problem myself before and helping friends with the same problem.
I also checked the bios and I forget where I found it but these also said they were all disabled,Restore AC Power Loss,Power on by PCI-E/PCI,power on by ping,Power on by RTC.

I'm not sure what else can be the problem as to why it's waking up on it's own please help.

Go into power options menu where you change max CPU speed, when HD turns off, etc...
And find "allow wake timers"

turn it off and pc should be sleeping as a baby until woken up.

100512d1485971618-enable-disable-wake-timers-windows-10-a-allow_wake_timers.png

(And no more coffee for your PC when.going to bed)

I turned off changed it to Disabled under Wake Timers.

This the thing that drives me nut's about Window's,I do all my own reformat's for myself and many friends and I have had everything happen in Windows 7 I installed a 64 bit version for a friend once before but you couldn't see the 64 bit program folders unless you had it show hidden folder's witch messed up his view and I had that happen 3 times using legit software.

The strangest one was after doing a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit you could not wake the PC up using the keyboard and somehow a setting was changed and I had to change it in the device manager under the keyboard to allow this device to wake pc or it was something like that it said.

Thanks for the help I'll let you guys know how it works out for me.

Go into power options menu where you change max CPU speed, when HD turns off, etc...
And find "allow wake timers"

turn it off and pc should be sleeping as a baby until woken up.

100512d1485971618-enable-disable-wake-timers-windows-10-a-allow_wake_timers.png

(And no more coffee for your PC when.going to bed)

Back