• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with old MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WrkBoot

I have an old Asus P4P800se mother board that acts like the battery is dead. It wont keep the mb settings if it gets shut off. I've changed the battery to see if that would fix but no go.I'm going through all my old stuff and came up on this. Does anyone have any thought??

I'd clean around the jumper area, could be finally enough dust to short the cmos jumper (this may occur elsewhere on the board so I'd take it out, get some distilled water and a very soft bristled toothbrush and give her a rinse and scrub, real easy like, let her dry, and see how she goes). Also check the contact of the battery+the clock in the bios, if that's not resetting, definitely the cmos is shorting, if it is, most likely not getting power\break in the circuit\bios chip gone glitch (clean that too, google removal instructions).

thanks nicspits,
I'll give it a try. Your probably right,It sat in its box for a while then I brought back out and tried it.

Back