• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROBLEM WITH OVERCLOCK AMD FX8320!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roxor///

Hi friends,
I'm a new user :)
I'm sorry in advance if I'm wrong section and for my horrible English.
but now we come to the point...
Yesterday I turned up the frequency of my amd fx8320 to 4,4 GHz but I noticed several things and I wish can find help here.

1: with this frequency the computer is stable and the temperature is perfect (in idle 25° and in full 52°)... but when I turn up the cpu bus frequency (also for 1 point) my pc not start.

2: if I set in manual mode the vcore with 1.38/1.40v for example my pc not start.

3.when I turn up the cpu ratio, the pc start but when I do the test for control the stability, the temperature is low but the sistem restart.

So, I would like turn the frequency at 4.7/4.8ghz, can I do it? :)

This is my configuration:

processor: amd fx8320
motherboard: asus m5a97 evo r2.0
cpu cooling: noctua nh-d14
supplier: corsair vx550w
graphic card: asus 4870x2
ram: corsair vengeance lp 1600mhz
ssd: kingstone hyperx 120gb

thanks at all :D

p.s I attached the photos about my attual configuration.

Attachments

• IMAG0830.jpg
    IMAG0830.jpg
    754.1 KB · Views: 254
  • IMAG0829.jpg
    IMAG0829.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 247
  • IMAG0828.jpg
    IMAG0828.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMAG0827.jpg
    IMAG0827.jpg
    781.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0813.jpg
    IMAG0813.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 208
Welcome to OCF Roxor
First thing you should do is have a read through the link in my sig about overclocking the FX CPU. This will help you understand a few things. Overclocking takes time and patience to get it right. One thing you shouldn't do is just pick a frequency and throw voltage at it. My guessis that clock is going to take more voltage than you were giving it and I wouldn't hold my breath for 4.8G from that set-up.
In that last oic you're missing the CPU V_core which is important. Let's us know what voltage you needed and will help for bios settings

You have much to read still -->http://www.overclock.net/t/1348623/amd-bulldozer-and-piledriver-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboard
It looks like you've bumped the multi, but haven't touched hardly anything else. That's not going to work.

APM Master Mode = Disabled
CPU LLC = Ultra
CPU/NB = High
CPU Manual Voltage = 1.4125
CPU/NB Manual Voltage = 1.2
DRAM Voltage = 1.5
PCIe Frequency = 100
Memory Frequency = 1600
CPU/NB Frequency = 2200
HT Link Speed = 2600
CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCIe Spread Spectrum = Disabled
CPU Ratio = 18.5

Last edited:
Welcome to OCF Roxor
First thing you should do is have a read through the link in my sig about overclocking the FX CPU. This will help you understand a few things. Overclocking takes time and patience to get it right. One thing you shouldn't do is just pick a frequency and throw voltage at it. My guessis that clock is going to take more voltage than you were giving it and I wouldn't hold my breath for 4.8G from that set-up.
In that last oic you're missing the CPU V_core which is important. Let's us know what voltage you needed and will help for bios settings

thanks for the reply :)
I left the v-core in automatic mode because if I try to make a manual voltage (also high on 1,38v) my computer will not start.
To start it I have to give a minimum voltage of 1.4v ..
And Funny thing is that in automatic mode when the PC is turned on shows me that the v_core is automatically set to 1.356v.
This is why I left the v_core in automatic mode.

p.s I started reading his text about what concerns overclocking the cpu amd fx and has done really well :)

- - - Updated - - -

You have much to read still -->http://www.overclock.net/t/1348623/amd-bulldozer-and-piledriver-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboard
It looks like you've bumped the multi, but haven't touched hardly anything else. That's not going to work.

APM Master Mode = Disabled
CPU LLC = Ultra
CPU/NB = High
CPU Manual Voltage = 1.4125
CPU/NB Manual Voltage = 1.2
DRAM Voltage = 1.5
PCIe Frequency = 100
Memory Frequency = 1600
CPU/NB Frequency = 2200
HT Link Speed = 2600
CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCIe Spread Spectrum = Disabled
CPU Ratio = 18.5

thanks for the reply :)
I'll try to change the parameters as you told me, but if I set the CPU ratio to 18.5 I have to change the CPU bus frequency?

That is just to get a baseline at stock settings, to see if you're stable with acceptable temps at that clock. The docs I read state that chips Max boost is 3.7gHz at 1.4125v. If you pass 10-20min of p95(or whatever stress program you prefer)with those setting, then bump the multi up 1 click. Repeat until you have a core fail, and post us a screenshot.

Back