• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with RAM (No Post of System)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YojimboAMD

Registered
The PC:
Asus Formula V
FX8150
Ram Patriot Viper 3 2133mhz
PSU Corsair 750w
VGA Asus 680GTX Top

Background:
Bought new ram memory :) (Upgrade) to 2133mhz (max allowed for the MoBo)

The problem:
1- Installed the ram modules... pressed into the slot until "click". Turned on the PC... nothing... wont post and DRAm_LED was on.

2- Turned off the PC... Pressed the GO_button on the mobo... Nothing... same as above

3- Switched the ram modules of place... trying to turning on the pc with 1 module... nothing...

4- CLR CMOS button on the back of the MoBo... pressed for 10 seconds and then repeated steps 1 and 2 and nothing

5- Bios reset by moving the jumper as advised on the handbook... turned on the PC... nothing...

Hint: I know that the MoBo works because the old memory modules worked on that MoBo

Any ideas?

It should be working without issues at least on lower clocks.
If both sticks are acting the same in all slots then try update board's BIOS to latest one.
It can be some compatibility issue but it rarely happens on newer boards.

Your Patriots are based on Hynix IC ( BFR/CFR/MFR, depends from date of production ) and these are one of the most popular chips now. If Patriot didn't set anything weird in SPD then it should be fine. I know these kits have Command Rate 3N but other things should be standard.

I'd stick the old ram back in, and update the bios to the latest version then try again. sounds like an incompatibility issue... since you've already tried to reset the cmos you're left with few options other then updating the bios and trying again.

Update: Removed the bios battery, power on button on the MoBo for 10 seconds (with the power cord unplugged) to eliminate any residual charge.... putted the battery back in... Power on... Nothing... Go_button... nothing...

Now im gonna try to use the ROG connect to see what can i do.

Any more hints?

Managed to make connection... Rog Connect Poster Says: Detect Memory... it stays there frozen

don't have it... sold it to buy new one :(

a tech question... Does the voltage to the rams have anything to do? as far as i know... Rog connect says that the rams are running at 1334mhz... and recieving 1.5v... should i lower it?

Problem solved :)

A word of advice to everyone... when you put the ram into the slot... put some force to it to propper fit into the slot.

Back