• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Roccat Kave 5.1 Headset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Before we go on i have to write down a few specs for my PC to make things easier

PC : Dell Inspiron 545
(Original soundcard on motherboard from Dell no "aftermarket" sound card installed)

My PC's Setup Manual :

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp535mt/en/setgde/F970NOD.pdf

MY PC's Original Specs :

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/dell-inspiron-545/4507-3118_7-33703128.html
( Mine only have 320 GB of HDD and 4 GB RAM , in this site its more )

Hey guys just bought this headset for 2 days....so far everything is fine only problem i still having is the headset wont VIBRATES when ea beat of the BASS which it suppose to do so , at first i had the jacks installed / plug in wrongly

I had GREEN to ORANGE / ORANGE to GREEN u get my point , at that time the BASS sounded very strong ! It also vibrates ! But then i felt the sound weird , i did a sound test thing on the Windows , my CENTER didn't have sound also my LEFT and RIGHT have totally mix up !

So i take a closer look and swap the ORANGE and GREEN which , now ORANGE jack is in ORANGE HOLE and the GREEN is in GREEN , did soundtest , ok its fine , all the sound is on the correct positions , it also have a SUB side in the test , it too had sound but rather weak " thumb "

But after fixing that the vibration for the bass is gone ! :eek:

Also it has a desktop controller thing , all the control for FRONT , REAR , CENTER works fine , only the SUB even i move up and down it has no response i mean it makes no difference , maybe just slightly tiny bit im not sure but i dont feel there is difference

What is wrong ? ? Is it because my soundcard sucks ? ? Or is my headset already broken :eek: :cry:

Hey guys i think i knew whats the problem , but i wasn't sure , i heard a guy said that his too didnt vibrate due to the suck soundcard he had which is like mine , a built in , Realtek i think

Anyways he said he tried plugging in to his friend's Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium (1 expensive soundcard i might add) , he said the bass is amazing and his headset actually vibrates finally

I was wonder is it true , i feel that it might possible , i would like to confirm. But i aint going for something that expensive i feeling just get the Creative SB Audigy Value should be sufficient what u guys think ? ?

Back