• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems with GA-7N400 Pro2 Rev2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
hey every one sorry i was away for so long

heres the scoop

i have ga-7n400 pro2 rev2 board and its acting up and to be frank im very frustrated with it.

specs
ga-7n400 pro2 rev2 board ff bois
4 X pc3500 muskin enhanced 256 2:3:3 ddr
2 x cdroms ( one dvd one cd-r)
2 80 western digital 8mb cache ide drives not in raid
1x agp card (generic)
1x pci vid card ( super generic)
1x 430 watt antec power supply

symptoms

random booting blue screens ( every once in a while when i reboot it will load windows get a blue screen then reboot then boot fine like nothing ever happened)

if i lower it to 133 ( it thinks its xp 1900+) it booted fine but suffers from the reboot problem stated above
if i raise it to 166 so its running at speed xp 2800+ it boots but with out cdroms? and some times suffers from the reboot problem
some times the cdroom will have a activity light solid? and wont open

NOW it gets stuck in bios it counts up the ram and then bam nothing

what ive done already

when it did boot i ran prime on it for 48 hours both in 1900mode and 2800 mode no errors all sticks of ram

ive removed the cdroms thinking bay they were bad ( didnt work)
ive cleared bios ( no help)

ive replaced the power supply ( with the one thats in there now)
ive removed the cdrooms
ive removed agp ( nothing)
ive removed pci ( nothing)
ive removed all but one stick of ram ( nothing)

like i said im really really frustrated with this one and any help would be a god send

thanks

I had one 512MB PC3200 stick to start with and then I got another 512 stick and arranged it to get the dual channel. I had the exact same problem. Most of the time it would flash the blue screen and then reboot and sometimes it would get as far as loading Windows startup programs and then flash the blue screen and reboot. Finally after several months of trying and giving up and trying again, i decided to arrange it where it wouldn't get dual channel (just the first two slots) and amazingly it worked! Try removing two sticks and leaving just the two in the first two slots (so it doen't use dual channel). I don't know why it does this but I look forward to figuring it out.

What are your multiplier switches set to? I'm using pretty much the same board running an AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2500+ Barton. At first I had it set to 166fsb with the multipliers at 10x, but that only clocked at 1.7Ghz. So then I tried to up the fsb to 200, but I suffered from issues with my CD-Rom drive, crashing and random reboots. Finally, I set the multipliers to 12x and left the fsb at 200 and now it's running beautifuly at 2.4Ghz.

I have a 3200 Barton running at stock. So, 200fsb with 11x multiplier = 2200mhz
I'm pretty sure thats what it is set to. I'm new to ocing and haven't gotten around to oc mine.

Back