• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

program to show which drivers are for which operating system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

im having a difficult time finding which network drivers belong to which operating system.

like the VIA Rhine xp driver for PXE booting. which one is for windows 2000? which one is for windows xp?

anyway, is there some way or some program that can be used to detect which drivers are for xp and which ones are for windows 2000? thanks in advance.

?

Just go to your motherboards site and DL the proper package for the OS you want. Once DL, you can rename them and put XP32 or W2K. But I have not heard of any software that can detect from files on your PC what is for what.

well when i download the drivers, most of the time they arent organized. there is just nothing but a bunch of files with an installer.

so i need to know which ones are for windows xp.

Ok, I did understand, good.

That said, first, organize your stuff! As I mentioned above, rename the file upon DLing it. Problem solved. :)

Ok, I did understand, good.

That said, first, organize your stuff! As I mentioned above, rename the file upon DLing it. Problem solved. :)

what i mean by is, once i EXTRACT it from the zip file, all i see are a bunch of files in that new folder that the files were extracted to and i cannot tell which one is windows xp, windows 2000, etc.

download the network driver here and youll see what i mean

Read the WIN.txt file. ;)

FETND5AV.SYS - The NDIS5 driver for Windows 98/98SE/ME.
FETND5BV.SYS - The NDIS5 driver for Windows 2000/XP/SRV2003.
FETND4.SYS - The NDIS4 driver for Windows 95OSR2.
FETND3.SYS - The NDIS3 driver for Windows 95.
FETND.DOS - The NDIS2 driver for Windows.
FETODI.COM - The ODI driver for Windows.
FETNDIS.INF - The installation information file.
WINNDI.DLL - The Co-installer for Windows.
VUINS16.DLL - The Un-installer for Windows.
VUINS32.DLL - The Un-installer for Windows 2K/XP/SRV2003.
WIN.TXT - This file.

Back