• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Last Chance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep. Cooling the CPU. VRM, and PCH with a 120.4 and the 3 x 780TI's with 120.10. That should be enough. 400w for a 4960X with the motherboard components and 1000w for the GPU's.

I just wish the fan connector would fit. I don't really need it as I have multiple 8 x 3 pins fan connectors. The Bitfinix Pros are only 19db each @ around 60CFM.

Someone asked for more pictures. Yesterday I managed to get all of the blocks on and started running the tubing. The wiring alone will probably take me a full day.

023.JPG

027.JPG

029.JPG

I have the first loop under water and the temps are much better than 70c+ I've been so busy with work, I don't feel like working on it at night and I'm recuperating from work on the weekends. The EK reservoirs I bought are POS. The pumps will NOT spin installed. I try them uninstalled for a couple of seconds and they spin fine. Installed....nothing. No pumping whatsoever. I switched to my Maelstrom and everything is fine.

No pictures right now. It really looks like crap. I have a lot of wiring to do. I went to Best Buy for a test video card that was PCIE 3.0. The cheapest they had was a 750 SC. That's o.k, I'm returning it when I'm finished. I'd keep it for a Physix card, but not at the expense of slowing all the cards to 8x.

It's just a shame that I have to manually set the voltage to keep the board from overvolting at stock. That's fine, when you OC, you have to set it manually anyway.

Stock.jpg

Something seems wrong those temps are WAY too high for wc with the amount of rads you have. for example this is what I am getting on a 32nm Westmere ep chip with higher stock volts because of degration. yours should be even lower
This is with a Fesser Xchanger360, RX240, MCP655, Koolance CPu360
picture.php

I am thinking you have some air pockets in there !

Looking good:) You are not going to keep it at 4Ghz are you? I really want to see what kind voltage required to hit 4.5ghz and what the load temp.

This is only one 120.4 rad cooling the CPU, PCH, and VRM with 55 CFM 19DB fans. The CPU is outputting at least 130w. I can't leave the CPU voltage settings on auto or the motherboard pumps 1.35v-1.4v stock speeds. I believe I have it set to 1.225 is the lowest I could go without issues. It was like overclocking in reverse.

Scout, your temps have to be wrong. How do you have a 14c minimum temp unless you have the system in like a 50 degree F room. 14c = 57F. My coolest core was at 21c or 70F, which is my ambient temp.

Of course I have no plans on keeping it at 4 GHz. I need to finish (start) the GPU loop and wiring before I start messing with overclocking.

I should compare my 3D Mark scores with the one 750 I have in the system now with my 3 x 780TI's. :) You can't even SLI 750's.

Last edited:
It does seem to be under reporting a bit I never really looked at the C to F temps in that case my alarm is unwarranted !
Edit- Florida=terrible summer time ambient temps

Florida=terrible summer time ambient temps

Dude, look where I live too. :) I hate Florida. If my mother didn't get sick, my butt would still be Atlanta. I have my father living with me. When he dies, my butt is moving to Seattle or Portland. My girls are grown and getting married. It's time for dad to do what HE wants to do.

Last edited:
My brother just moved to Seattle and its already nice and cool. In a few months I will be out of college and probably going to move somewhere a little cooler too !

I hear Seattle can be pretty depression there. Very cloudy and rainy all year around. They have the highest suicide rate there. I'll pass. lol

Actually the number one place for climate is San Francisco. It never gets hot or cold there.

I was at Sea world a couple of years ago in San Diego in July with my kids. ( We live 60 miles from a Sea World, but they wanted to go to Sea World in San Diego, don't ask me why) It was only in the mid 70's and super sunny. My oldest daughter looked like a shrimp by the end of the day. She was totally burned.

"climate is San Francisco. It never gets hot or cold there"

That is not true. climate in San Francisco get very cold in around November. You really need a Winter Jacket around those time.

Getting there. Tonight is finishing the wiring. I have never used two reservoirs in one loop. When both are full, make sure you don't even break the seal on the fill port on both. You get one that empties in a second and the other that overflows all over. :) Glad I had a towel down that caught most of the overflow and the rest just hit the rads and the bottom of the case.

001.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

Back