• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Last Chance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Almost finished. All I have left to do is install the GPU power cords and SATA cables. I didn't buy long enough SATA cables. I bought them for the other case and not this one. I bought the Corsair individually wrapped PSU cables. What sucks is I had two cable that split into two 8 pin plugs. The red ones come with one that is split into an 8 pin and 6 pin. WTH? I need to order seven SATA cables; two for the 840 1 TB drives, two for each 4TB drive, two for each 3TB drive, and one for a 1 TB drive for 17TB of storage. The SSD drives go on the Intel 6GB connection. The 3 and 4 TB drives go on the other Intel ports and the 1 TB drive and Blue Ray burner can go on the Asmedia controller.

I should have taken pictures. It looks rockin with the wire management, LED fans, and LED's in the CPU block. I'm not too impressed with the Photon LED. It's not very bright. I noticed the 5mm LED's are not near as bright as the 2mm. I might try a 2mm in the Photon and see if that helps.

Almost finished. All I have left to do is install the GPU power cords and SATA cables. I didn't buy long enough SATA cables. I bought them for the other case and not this one. I bought the Corsair individually wrapped PSU cables. What sucks is I had two cable that split into two 8 pin plugs. The red ones come with one that is split into an 8 pin and 6 pin. WTH? I need to order seven SATA cables; two for the 840 1 TB drives, two for each 4TB drive, two for each 3TB drive, and one for a 1 TB drive for 17TB of storage. The SSD drives go on the Intel 6GB connection. The 3 and 4 TB drives go on the other Intel ports and the 1 TB drive and Blue Ray burner can go on the Asmedia controller.

I should have taken pictures. It looks rockin with the wire management, LED fans, and LED's in the CPU block. I'm not too impressed with the Photon LED. It's not very bright. I noticed the 5mm LED's are not near as bright as the 2mm. I might try a 2mm in the Photon and see if that helps.

:drool:

:pics:

:popcorn:

It lives....muhaha. I only have one drive installed with an unactivated Windows 7 with no updates installed for now. I'm waiting for my SATA cables to come tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have to activate Windows again even though the motherboard is the same brand and type, but I have a different CPU.

I ran Heaven with my 1600x900 test monitor. The three 780TI's didn't even break a sweat at that resolution. They all stayed at 28 or 29c. When I get them hooked to my 4k monitor, I bet they barely hit 40c.

This is four months in the making. I have a little more wire management to do, but as long as everything is in the back and the back of the third level, I don't care. All rads and fans are free and clear.

001.JPG 002.JPG 006.JPG 004.JPG 140904220802.jpg 140904220822.jpg 140904220846.jpg System.jpg

Amazing jax!

Have you thought about doing a small mod to your illuminated SLI bridge from EVGA? I got someone to cut me a few different colored plastic pieces that I fit in between the face plate and the LEDs on the board. It lights up exactly the color of your theme basically. Try it out.

Very nice and look sexy. Love the red and black theme. What fans are those and what rpm are they spin?

ps. Caselab ST10 is a impressive case. The damn thing is rather expensive. I just check out the price, it is $589. For $589 and you would still need to buy additional accessory, radiator mounts, HD mount and what ever mount you need. SO, all said and done, what is your actual cost of this case. Can you throw out a rough# If I have to guess, I would say around $700?

Last edited:
It was more like 1000 for the case. I also bought the pedestal which is almost 200, plus the accessories; rad mounts, hard drive mount, a couple of single bay covers, top rad mount, front rad mount, front USB ports with sound jack.

The fans are Bitfenix Spectre Pro. 1200 RPM. 57CFM. 19DB.

Amazing jax!

Have you thought about doing a small mod to your illuminated SLI bridge from EVGA? I got someone to cut me a few different colored plastic pieces that I fit in between the face plate and the LEDs on the board. It lights up exactly the color of your theme basically. Try it out.

I was thinking about getting a red piece of plastic that comes with folders to slip into the spot so that it is red.

I'm done....finished. Loaded all the software and am running a backup for the second time. The continuous backup is on G. The daily backup is on F.

Drives.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.

My UPS is only a 900w UPS. Running Furmark at 1080P, it was hitting 1250w and of course the UPS shutoff the computer. I plugged it in to surge only and ran 15 minutes of Furmark. If I could submit the score, it would be the highest. It was like 23000. The temps on the GPU's hit 43c and 44c max and they were all at 24c minimum.

I'm thinking about getting my plug upgraded to 30 amp so that I can buy a 1500w UPS. With nothing overclocked, hitting 1250w doesn't give me much room on a 1500w PSU, even if it is one of the best made.

Back