• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Oracle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I'm thinking about paint colors, and I cant quite decide. All black, black with white pin striping, all white (maybe a pearl white), or white with orange pin striping? The striping would be minimal, just enough to stand out a bit. The first two options would have white and blue lighting, while the last two would have white and orange lighting.

Thoughts?

Ya' know, with the rad angled like that - how about a "Dark Side of the Moon" thing? :D

Given the choices I suppose I'd pick black w/white stripes - very formal color scheme to offset the modern overall look ...

What software did you use to design it, or at least make those nice 3d drawings of it?

fredxor said:
What software did you use to design it, or at least make those nice 3d drawings of it?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

QuietIce said:
Oohhhh - I like the last one! Blue and yellow go good with the black case. :thup:

I think that's Sketchup ...?

http://sketchup.google.com/product_suf.html

Yes sir. I use Sketchup 5 Pro, but Google's version is pretty good.

AlucardCasull said:
how rigid is that case?

Currently? Its pretty sturdy, but once the side panel mounts are on it will be much more solid. When the side panels are on its completely rigid.

*Slides onto stage*

And I return!

*Confetti*

So I'm just going to throw these out and let you guys guess what's going on.

E

Amazing Case: I am so blown away at the detail design planning you have gone through! Also, an amazing workspace!

If I had to say one thing about this I'd nit-pick about...I'd put one thing in there that you have not done for the fan grills; put a dirt-filter in between the fan and the grill.

A lot of people oppose this, but IMO: It really saves a great deal of dust from coming in...I also favor can-o-Air as my pal...But yeah...

Great work; I can't wait to see more!

Oh, I like this one. Great implementation on a classic Al-Cube. The blue on white is going to look phenomenal.

And I see you've found all the spare Lian-Li parts I've thrown in the trash over the years. I always end up saying "what is this for?" and cutting it in half or tossing it. Why don't case builders just make empty aluminum boxes, like case blanks. They do it for car and motorcycle tins.

Back