• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project P'Nyssa 98% complete (pics, 56k warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice PC...

is the fluidXP just like water? as in is it thicker? smells? tasted funny? thanks.

As I understand it, he attempted a res only variation and found that the short tube lengths didn't allow for enough movement for easy res filling: hence the tline.

My 2cents:

If you could find it in your heart to part with the res, you could move the hard drives up into that bay making room for a front mounted radiator.

I realize both comments have been made by others in prior posts in this thread, but I think the combination of the two might be more lucrative.

The only caveat is pump placement. If the pump wouldnt fit between the internal drive rails and your audigy live drive, you would have to choose between removing the live drive or cutting out the drive rails, or a combination of both. I am not too familiar with the support structure of those cases, but I can't imagine that the internal rail is load bearing.

I have always thought of the lanboy's as begging for a front mounted 120 rad, you don't even have to cut up the front bezel ...

What kind of bay covers does the lanboy come with: I have always been partial to stealthed optical drives.

all of that aside... your setup looks good. Theres a special place in my heart for people who go for 1/2" tubing in a fuly loaded mid tower(or smaller).

I like when people tear apart my system with valid points. You don't fix what works well after all. If I had wanted only praise, I would have showed the pics to non computer people. :clap:

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm happy with the system as it is now, and I probably won't change it, mostly because any more mods I'd like to do would require ripping everything out of the case, and I don't want to do that. (cuz I'm lazy)

However, I'll probably get another lanboy in the future to do something more performance oriented. I also want to try my hand at etching stuff into a window with a dremmel.

Guderian: The drive rails are not load bearing and could be easily cut out to make room for a front mounted rad. However, you would not be able to fit it in the hole in the bezel. A short duct would probably be needed to make things work without hacking up the front of the case.

As for the bay covers, they're plastic, and have a clip on each corner that snaps into place. I'm not sure where mine went. I may have lost them, or they may be floating in my pile of useless computer crap.

mR|bUNgLe: It is not a sticker. I found an image of the logo on the net, resized it to fit on the drawer; printed it out and slipped it in.

Surreal: As far as I can tell, fluidXP is a high grade machine oil. It's slightly more viscous then water, slick in texture, and has a faint odor that reminds me of sewing machine oil; Its non conductive, anti-corrosive, and a biocide. Integrity PC says you can run it in your system for 3 years without maintenance. You can use any dye you want in it apparently, but if the dye is conductive, it will ruin the non conductivity of the fluidXP (duh).

zip22: I have yet to try reversing airflow. I'll run some tests, but temperature results might not be terribly accurate; my room temp is far from stable right now as my heat appears not to be working at all this year. (Last year I had a choice of no heat at all, or sweltering heat.)

Thanks for your input!

i got a DD res for looks and it was a pain in the arse to fill... i got a t-line to make filling easier. If you dont need lower temps to run your system the way you want why do you keep telling him to ditch the res?

Back