• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Silent Beauty!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey guys,
It's been a long time since I last posted in this forum, thanks to the IDF ofcourse.

Lately I've been planning my new room and I thought that I have to re-design my case.

Too bad I don't have much time these days to build my own case, so in this project I'll be using a Lian-Li PC60.

Project Goals:
1. Silence! , most of my problems of my current rig are noise related. My PC is on 24/7 and whenever I get back from the army and all I want is a good night sleep that stupid machine is noisy.
2. Neat, I want to have a neat setup with no loose cables, mixed colors or whatever bugs my eye. ;)
3. Efficiency, the case will include all of my system needs, will have a good airflow and sound prevention.

OK, Let's get started!
Actually, there's something I'd like to have another opinion, the color scheme.
I thought of Silver/Chrome and Black. what would you say?

Suma.

Chrome/black/red is what I'd do:
Chrome for every 'accessory' type thing; buttons, edging etc etc
Black for the sides/inards; black always looks good :)
Red for accents/lighting etc
It'll make a nice, crisp appearance with a flair ;)

natewildes said:
Chrome/black/red is what I'd do:
Chrome for every 'accessory' type thing; buttons, edging etc etc
Black for the sides/inards; black always looks good :)
Red for accents/lighting etc
It'll make a nice, crisp appearance with a flair ;)

Sounds cool, I didn't even think about lighting though :)

I'll upload some pics of the progress so far.

Suma.

11-8-06:
mini-DSCN7348.JPG

- Picture of the radiatior I'm going to use, after some cleaning and oiling.

mini-DSCN7349.JPG

- That's the spot the rad will be placed, already placed some noise damping sheets.

mini-DSCN7350.JPG

- My new homemade fill port. Notice the chrome ring? that ring will be placed on top of the case with the black cap.

mini-DSCN7353.JPG

- I also placed a noise damping sheet for the 2x80mm fans built in the case. Had to cut and fit it, quite annoying I must say.

mini-DSCN7356.JPG

- Fans placed.

mini-DSCN7357.JPG

- Rad placed and stripped using a simple rope tied very tight. (atleast I learn something in the army :p )

mini-DSCN7358.JPG

- The other side.

That's all for tonight ;)
Suma.

DvBoard said:
Looks good. What's the Radiator from?

It is interesting looking, its not a heatercore is it?

I agree with the black and red, the silver/chrome is good just don't go overboard with it.

DvBoard said:
Looks good. What's the Radiator from?

Well actually I bought it a while ago, so I don't really remember it's former use. :)

Anyhow it looks good ;)

inkfx said:
What kind of noise dampening mats are those?

Well I bought them localy, in Israel. There's no firm printed on them so I don't really know who made'em.

it's the padding material they use in electronic boxes (sound cards ect...) i don't know where u get them, try the post office or home depot.

11-9-06:

Well, I thought it would be a good idea to preper a nice hideout for the fan cables that otherwise will be all over the place. After thinking and looking I came up with an idea.
Anyway, I started painting the radiator and a 120mm fan.

Today's update! :)
mini-DSCN7361.JPG

- A little fan wires planning. in order to hide all the unwanted fan cables.

mini-DSCN7362.JPG

- Damn army boots :p

mini-DSCN7363.JPG

- I glued the black pieces to the case, all the power for the fans will go through those. Notice the lower one, with the yellow & black cables, that one will be carrying 12v into the fan controller. All the other ones will carry the voltage set by the fan controller to the fans.

mini-DSCN7364.JPG

- Goes all the way back for the rear fan.

mini-DSCN7365.JPG

- All wires connected and secured.

mini-DSCN7366.JPG

- The radiator with primer on it.

mini-DSCN7367.JPG

- a 120mm fan colored black, will be placed on the radiator and pull air.

That's all for today, if I'll be awake I'll post pics after the painting's done.
Suma.

Sleepy_Steve said:
WOW, if only i could update as often lol.

Looking nice, you should get a lot of airflow over that rad. :D

Well, airflow = noise. So I wouldn't want that, I'll have to keep the airflow/noise ratio in the level I can bare :)

thaclassikz said:
What exactly does that radiator do? Does it connect to anything? And where could i buy one?

This rad will be connected to a watercooling loop as a heat exchanger. Just like the car radiatior acts.

Where can you get one just like this, that would be a problem since I bought this rad ages ago locally, in Israel.

You can get similar rads, like BIX or a heatercore perhaps.

Looking good so far, I really like the concept you have going here.

Black/Chrome/Red is a sweet color setup too, keep up the good work..

Another little update for the late night.. (it's 6am here!)

mini-DSCN7371.JPG

- After coating a coat of primer it's time for the real thing. BLACK!

mini-DSCN7368.JPG

- After finishing the front fans placement and wiring I moved to the rear exhust fan. Drilled a hole to get the wire through.

mini-DSCN7370.JPG

- Same thing for the top fan. BTW, the lower wire will feed the fan controller with 12v from the psu. You can see the PSU's side.

mini-DSCN7372.JPG

- Noise damping mat placed and the wire is hotglued and secured.

mini-DSCN7373.JPG

- A closer look.

mini-DSCN7374.JPG

- The finished product.

mini-DSCN7377.JPG

- Looks neat huh? :D

Well, I'm off to bed. Hope I can update some more tomorrow!
Suma.

Back