• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-·=»‡«=·- Project Vector -·=»‡«=·-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneaky

Skulltrail Junkie
-·=»‡«=·- Project Vector -·=»‡«=·-

Well back in the 8th grade (I'm a Junior in HS now), I had what you could call a "Dream Machine" which cost a few grand back then, but now, i'm gonna build my dream machine (with a few modern touches :p) as a fun little project to turn into a folding box or something of the like, as i've always wanted a duallie machine of sorts to play around with (i'll probably end up slapping Linux on there, etc.) as a side project to my larger-scale Project Three Mile Island

Planned Specs:

Case/Components:

-Enclosure: RAIDMAX Astro ATX-268WB Black ATX Mid Tower - $45

-Processors: 2x Pentium III 933mhz Coppermine SL52Q's (256KB Cache, 133mhz FSB, Socket 370) - HAVE

-Motherboard: Epox EP-D3VA Dual Pentium III Socket 370 Motherboard - HAVE

-Memory: 2x512MB Crucial CL2 PC-133 - Bidding

-Graphics: Asylum GeForce 4 TI-4600 128MB - HAVE

-Storage: Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Hard Drive - $80

-5.25 Device: Black Samsung 52x32x52x16 CD-RW/DVD combo drive - $35

-3.5 Device: Black Sony 3.5" Floppy - $12

-Power: Fortron Source FSP530-60GNA 530W - $80

Cooling:

Heatsinks: 2x Thermalright SK-6's - $50

Heatsink Fans: 2x Delta FFB0612SHE 60x38mm's - HAVE

Case Fans: 8x Delta AFB0812M 80x25mm's - $40

-Fan Controller: Black Sunbeam 5.25" Rheobus - $15

So here's my half-assed and somewhat boring build log for it...

-Justin

ps: DAMN EBAY!!! DAMN EBAY TO HELL!!! compulsive ebaying is what led to this crazy project... :shrug:

Last edited:
Hahaha soon to be a freshman, and in 8th grade I called my comp a Dream Machine...still do lol. Good luck bro!

Good luck w/ the build, I'd call that machine a dream machine also, anything that puts u in a state of creativity, adventure, and fun, and that definately looks like it can take u there.

yay... i made a half-a**ed bid on the video card and actually won the action by 50 cents over the other guy's bid :)

so now all i need is a RAM, a case, a PSU, an optical drive, and a floppy drive, edit: and a pair of thermalright SK-6's

got a few parts in today... it is now officially under way :bday:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

(yes, thats 10 of the deltas - i paid $2.50 + $6 shipping for em... i couldn't refuse that deal!)

Last edited:
That will make a great folding computer or whatever you plan on using it for.

My dream rig from 8th grade is to expensive so ill just have to go with what im getting for my new rig in my sig. Im a Freshman is HS and so far High School is extremely boring. :eek: But i guess it passes the time.

millhouse said:
That will make a great folding computer or whatever you plan on using it for.

My dream rig from 8th grade is to expensive so ill just have to go with what im getting for my new rig in my sig. Im a Freshman is HS and so far High School is extremely boring. :eek: But i guess it passes the time.
freshman year does suck, and is TERRIBLY BORING - take my word, sophmore year will be 10x more fun than freshman year, and this year i'm gonna be a junior, so hopefully its even better than my sophmore year :)

but yeah, its probably gonna be a folding rig or somethign to toy around with - i have no idea yet, but as far as fans go, i refuse to use anything cept for Delta's due to past experiences with MANY, MANY different fans... and deltas are the best IMO

i'm prolly gonna undervolt them to 7v or somethin, but i got em cause they were cheap, and because they're deltas

anyways, i got the dual socket 370 board in today :)

04.jpg

Last edited:
$40 for CPU... $80 for mobo... $55 for graphics... $10 for the 60mm fans

thats all i really have so far

Back