• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Venom X 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Venom_2.0ACX

I am building a new PC. Please tell me what you thinkšŸ˜€
Project Venom 2.0

Case: Carbide SeriesĀ® Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube CaseMotherboard

MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard Supports Overclocked Processor - Yes

Processor IntelĀ® Quad Coreā„¢ i7-4790K Unlocked Processor 8M Cache, 4.0 ā€“ 4.4GHz, Hyper Threading Enabled

CPU Cooler- Corsair H100I (Push-Pull)

Memory-32GB Kingston Hyper X Fury (Red)

Power Supply Corsair RM850W Power Supply Gold Rated.

Optical Drive 24X ASUS DVD-RW Combo

Graphics-(2) GTX-980 SuperClocked EVGA
(once I sell my GTX-970, or EVGA notifies me that my step-up is ready, I will be running (3) GRX-980, TRI-SLI can you say benchmark heaven?)

Sound Card: Creative Labs Recon

SSD- (2) Samsung Evo 840 250GB SSD SUPER RAID 0

HDD- 2 TB Western Digital 7200rpm

Cable Sleeving Red Uni-Sleeved Cables (x2 Graphics Cards)

Case Lighting Red LED Lighting Strip

Fans: (2) 140mm Corsair LED SAF

Fan Controller Bitfenix Recon

OS Windows 8.1 64-bit

Looks solid for the most part...

The only thing I see is:

Not sure why you are getting 32GB of ram...if you use more than 16GB than go for it, otherwise, get 8/16GB. You also didn' mention its speed. I would go for 2133MHz as that is your best bang for your buck and performance.

I agree with E_D about the ram. What all will you be using the pc for that you think you would need 32gb of ram? If it is just for gaming 8-16 would be plenty.

But it does look like a solid build. I love the 540 case.

Looks like a pre-built machine from CyberPower or something similar.
Why not build yourself instead of wasting money for someone else to build it?

I would suggest getting a motherboard with a PLX chip if you plan to go TRI-SLI on Z97. Otherwise you will be running 8/4/4. Much better to run 16/8/8 on a board with a PLX chip. Especially if you will be benching where you want every last point in your scores that is possible.

If you went X99 with a 5930K you could run 16/16/8 or on a board with PLX 16/16/16.

I don't suggest you do that though as the price premium is not worth the meager returns.

Looks solid for the most part...

The only thing I see is:

Not sure why you are getting 32GB of ram...if you use more than 16GB than go for it, otherwise, get 8/16GB. You also didn' mention its speed. I would go for 2133MHz as that is your best bang for your buck and performance.

I had 32GB just sitting around from my last Machine. The speed is 1866.

I agree with E_D about the ram. What all will you be using the pc for that you think you would need 32gb of ram? If it is just for gaming 8-16 would be plenty.

But it does look like a solid build. I love the 540 case.

I got the case, power supply, sleeved cables, led lights, motherboard from xidax. I started building my own but i stopped because I am getting surgery and wion't be able to finish my build in time to be gaming during my recovery.

I had 32GB just sitting around from my last Machine. The speed is 1866.

I got the case, power supply, sleeved cables, led lights, motherboard from xidax. I started building my own but i stopped because I am getting surgery and wion't be able to finish my build in time to be gaming during my recovery.

I hope your surgery and recovery go well :)

Back