• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Water Cooling to the Max (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jenkx said:
Let me make sure I'm clear on what your saying. Leave the two pumps like they are and make a loop from the top of one to inlet of the other. It seems like the loop might kill a little of the preasure of the first pump.
You got it. The loop will consume an infinitesimal amount of flow... Let me make this really easy... :D

pump1.jpg

pump2.jpg

pump3.jpg

very nice - but i thought water cooling = less fans = less noise but you seem to have alot going there..lol

The computer in my sig is my old computer from 6 years ago thats sitting on a shelf, it still works :D

I really like your setup and wanna see what kind of temps that's gonna get.

Mr.Guvernment said:
very nice - but i thought water cooling = less fans = less noise but you seem to have alot going there..lol

I got relitively quiet fans and fan controlers along with a silent case with extra noise dampning material to keep everything nice and quiet.

Mr.Guvernment said:
What makes you think that? Sure that is the goal for some, for others like me, it is all about performance. Noise is not my #1 concern, I mean, I have 15 fans in my case :eek:

I’m going to finish this thing today. I’ve been very busy with other stuff. As I was filling and bleeding the system the suction of the pumps was so powerful that it was causing this wack Clearflex tubing to cave in. I put zip ties around it but it was still caving in. I ordered this Clearflex from CrazyPC. They must have sent me the wrong type. :-/ I went to Home Depot and got some Watts tubing that is no doubt a hell of a lot stronger than that wack Clearflex. Just check out the pics. The Clearflex was $1.50 a foot. Watts tubing is 5.99 for 10 feet. From now on its Watts tubing for me.

100_0123.jpg

100_0125.jpg

Wow, great setup.:clap:

The Clearflex on the right is way too thin walled. It should have 3/4 O.D. No wonder it was collapsing.

ya is that 1/16" wall? i just got clearflex from mcmaster.com, was clearflex 70 actually, and for 65 cents/ft couldn't be more pleased. i used to use watts vinyl (can't beat $2 for 10ft) but found that over time it loses shape BADLY wherever there is any kind of bending it will end up being flat over time instead of retaining its round shape.

I would reorder the correct clearflex or Tygon but I dont have time to waite for it to come. If this Watts gets me through 3-4 months I'll be happy with it. I used a little of it in my previous setup and never noticed any problems.

Well she's all done now. I must say myself that this rig is awesome. Its very quiet. When I turn the fans all the way down I can barely hear a thing. When I turn them on full blast they make a soothing hum. When I turn on the tornado's its a different story! Those tornado's have so much force that they would probably thrust the case forward if it was on a smooth surface :burn:

Take a look at the pics. I've seen setups with better hose configurations but this thing was built for performance not internal aesthetics. It is defiantly water cooling overkill. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I'll post my temps later when I have time to do some Prime 95, gaming, and other intense stuff.

100_0149.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0154.jpg

100_0156.jpg

100_0162.jpg

100_0165.jpg

100_0170.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few more pics

As you can see I put the pumps in series and it makes a difference. I first had them in parallel and they moved water pretty good but they move it even better now.

100_0129.jpg

100_0174.jpg

100_0175.jpg

100_0126.jpg

100_0128.jpg

100_0139.jpg

100_0147.jpg

Last edited:
jenkx said:
I've seen setups with better hose configurations but this thing was built for performance not internal aesthetics.

Nonsense! I LOVE your setup and it looks very professional and also very clean.
There might be a few setups with better hose configurations but I bet that only a select few would even come close to the aesthetics of your setup.

Your case looks better than almost all commercially available cases built by sites like DangerDen but more importantly I don't see any case built by DangerDen or whatnot even mildy approach the performance of yours! You got *BOTH* supreme power and aesthetics, something which I believe is quite rare to see so 2 thumbs up from me for your setup! :beer:

I have to say I'm very impressed and pleased with this setup. I'm running a P4 Prescott that runs hot as you know what. With this setup I'm idling at 36c-39c in the hot California afternoon with room temps of 84 Fahrenheit!!! That’s insane for a Prescott!!! My last setup was idling at 39c to 45c with a tornado blowing hot air out of the case. With this new setup I'm maxing at 41c-43c in the hot afternoon!!! That is after Prime 95 and 2hours of gaming. My previous setup was maxing at 48c-52c, again, with a tornado blowing out hot air. I've also increased my stable overclock from 3.6 to 3.8 and I don't even have to use the tornados.

The improvement I'm most impressed with is that my 9800pro’s overclock has gone from 420mhz to 460mhz with absolutely no artifacts or crashes, now that’s amazing!

The problem with my last setup is that the water went from the CPU to the NB and then to the GPU. That held back my GPU overclock. By the time the water got to the GPU it was boiling hot. Now that the water goes from the BIX II through the CPU, then to the 80mm rads and through the NB, then enters the BIX for further cooling before it travels through the GPU has helped me reach a higher overclock with my 9800pro. And in the long run that’s what it’s all about. That’s the main reason I switched from air to water with my first case.

The setup is extremely quiet even with all the fans I have moving air through the rads. And on top of that it’s a beauty to look at :D . I hope I've stirred up some creativity in someone who has followed this tread. I'm eager to see what others come up with.

jenkx said:
I have to say I'm very impressed and pleased with this setup. I'm running a P4 Prescott that runs hot as you know what. With this setup I'm idling at 36c-39c in the hot California afternoon with room temps of 84 Fahrenheit!!! That’s insane for a Prescott!!! My last setup was idling at 39c to 45c with a tornado blowing hot air out of the case. With this new setup I'm maxing at 41c-43c in the hot afternoon!!! That is after Prime 95 and 2hours of gaming. My previous setup was maxing at 48c-52c, again, with a tornado blowing out hot air. I've also increased my stable overclock from 3.6 to 3.8 and I don't even have to use the tornados.

The improvement I'm most impressed with is that my 9800pro’s overclock has gone from 420mhz to 460mhz with absolutely no artifacts or crashes, now that’s amazing!

The problem with my last setup is that the water went from the CPU to the NB and then to the GPU. That held back my GPU overclock. By the time the water got to the GPU it was boiling hot. Now that the water goes from the BIX II through the CPU, then to the 80mm rads and through the NB, then enters the BIX for further cooling before it travels through the GPU has helped me reach a higher overclock with my 9800pro. And in the long run that’s what it’s all about. That’s the main reason I switched from air to water with my first case.

The setup is extremely quiet even with all the fans I have moving air through the rads. And on top of that it’s a beauty to look at :D . I hope I've stirred up some creativity in someone who has followed this tread. I'm eager to see what others come up with.

Oh man, looking at your setup is like looking at a beautiful girl! :D Now, if someone ever asks for pics for a clean and kickass watercooling system, I will be posting pics of your system. In addition, I think you are an inspiration to the whole overclocking community. :)

Back