• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hahaha, I ordered some Indigo Xtreme only because I didn't want to deal with second guessing myself when applying TIM. Sometimes I question myself...

Yeah, it's PK1 that comes with it. I used to own a Megahalems and that is what it came with.

Hey guys, just following up this post to deter confusion. I got an email back from Prolimatech and this is what was stated:

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your email.
The thermal compound included with our cooler is the previous version of PK-1.
We made some improvements and have it for retail. PK-1 is easier to apply, and has higher thermal conductivity.

Best regards,
Minna Yu
Prolimatech

So just to clerify, muddocktor is entirely correct, it's just an older formula which means it's not the one you see doing so well in benchmarks.

Hey guys, just following up this post to deter confusion. I got an email back from Prolimatech and this is what was stated:

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your email.
The thermal compound included with our cooler is the previous version of PK-1.
We made some improvements and have it for retail. PK-1 is easier to apply, and has higher thermal conductivity.

Best regards,
Minna Yu
Prolimatech

So just to clerify, muddocktor is entirely correct, it's just an older formula which means it's not the one you see doing so well in benchmarks.

Thanks for the clarification; good to know. I will have to get some"PK-1" and compare it to the stuff that comes with the megahalem; I'm thinking there is a big difference

Back