• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prometiea Price Drop in effect-$450 Now.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man I'm reading all these posts about -40 and -32 degrees C.....I can't wait to get this thing!!!!:D Hopefully I can get my xp1700+ 0310umpw to 2.6 or higher.........right now it's just at 1.9 due to my crappy volcano 6 hs\f that's holding me over till I get the Prometeia.

Fushyuguru said:
They run about -40C head temps and cpu temps run -15 to -25C (correct me if Im wrong, havent owned one yet). Basically, heat is not much of an issue with a prometeia vapochill or DIY phase change unit.

Great for overclocking if you plan on using it as a workstation (like me). Or want to brag to all your buddys. Either way its nice. Though its costly, about $500 for MachI $1000 for MachII.

If you think about it though, $500 isnt bad considering the performance gains and the fact that a good WCing setup can cost $250. If you have WC'ing already, like most who make the jump to phase, use it for graphics and chipset, then youre really rockin.

$hit that not funny... my temps right now in this HOT 80F rooom is 40C with w/c ..... Is there any danger from this unit.... gas's????? will it hurt me or the computer if it get's out...??? Anyone have pictures of the units like the cpu and the unit it self....

thanks for quick ninc replys

Prommy1 gives me this...

Room temp around 25C

Evaporator temps:
idle: -37
load: -31

CPU diode temp (P4 2.4B @ 3.2GHz, 1.65vcore (POS))
idle: colder than -25 (MBM read fine down to -25, then report -105C)
load: -8C

Thats some nice #'s. I cant wait to get this badboy. Gotta wait for paycheck. Then I gotta take it apart so I can finish my CAD drawings for the acrylic case.

Its gonna be sweet.

AreUCrzy said:

$hit that not funny... my temps right now in this HOT 80F rooom is 40C with w/c ..... Is there any danger from this unit.... gas's????? will it hurt me or the computer if it get's out...??? Anyone have pictures of the units like the cpu and the unit it self....

thanks for quick ninc replys

Sorry, didnt see this reply.

No gas. Its a closed loop system like any phase change system with refridgerant.

check out chip-cons web site for pics: www.chip-con.com

well thanks in the reply's!!! helped me out some.... i saving up for a car right now if i have some left over cash to spend i might think about getting one!!!! but i'm happy with my w/c setup.... it does great speacial in this hot place.... see the thing about w/c is you still need air to cool off that rad. So if i could get some A/C on in here it would do soooo great... i'd say it run about 25C which isn't bad... anyways thanks guys for your help.... if find any cheap buys e-mail me at [email protected] make sure in subject it say's something so i don't think it junk mail....lol also i can buy wholesale items i have tax id and all that if there a wholesale dealer for these? talk to you later!

Back