• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barcelona continues to drop in price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MRD

When it first came out on newegg, it was nearly $1000. Then it was down to just under $500.

Right now, it's $347.

I think they're realizing you can't sell quad core 1.9 ghz cpu's for $1000 when Intel sells quad core 2.4's for $275.

I wonder if these are newegg price cuts or AMD price cuts... if it's Newegg, then they were really exploiting the early buyers, selling chips at 3x or more what they paid for them.

I have seen Newegg jack up prices on occasion when an item is hot or new.

lol, the prices have not dropped to anything other then MSRP, the prices they SHOULD be at.

The 2-way CPUs are a pretty good price, the 8-ways are extremely marked up because the people that need them... often have the money.

The Egg does really screw around with pricing. My guess is that they didn't sell many at a grand each. I really doubt that the Egg is losing money at either price.

It just business as usual for the Egg. Those CPUs went from $350 to $750 to $500 in 1.5 days.

When it first came out on newegg, it was nearly $1000. Then it was down to just under $500.

Right now, it's $347.

I think they're realizing you can't sell quad core 1.9 ghz cpu's for $1000 when Intel sells quad core 2.4's for $275.

I wonder if these are newegg price cuts or AMD price cuts... if it's Newegg, then they were really exploiting the early buyers, selling chips at 3x or more what they paid for them.

I have seen Newegg jack up prices on occasion when an item is hot or new.

Yeah 347 is close to the retail price for these CPUs, what you saw before was just newegg jacking prices as they usually do when they have first stock, or something becomes really popular and rare.

At the 220 range I'd start to consider it over an Intel. Probably would still go for the Intel... but it would be close.

I am glad that Canada is getting cheaper prices than the states. Finally our prices are almost reflecting our dollar's strength.

It's not that your dollar is that strong right now, it's that ours is that weak. =P

Has the Canadian dollar gained at all versus the euro or yen?

The US dollar is weaker than ever, we're down to something like 1.40 per euro now. It's getting to be a real problem. I'd love to travel more in Europe, but not at these exchange rates. I've debated moving my savings/investments into euros.

At my local shop the 1.9 is CDN$350, and the 2.0 is CDN$435.

Last time I went to the UK (aprox 16 months ago) the exchange was CDN $2.20 to the pound, now it's pretty much $2 even.

Ya and the messed up part about all this.. is how cheap your gas is! I went down to pittsburg/grove city the other day and it took $29 USD to fill my tank.. when converted approx $30 CAD.. Up here it costs approx $55 CAD. And the worst part about it.. is Canada is one of the States largest providers of gas lol.

Ya and the messed up part about all this.. is how cheap your gas is! I went down to pittsburg/grove city the other day and it took $29 USD to fill my tank.. when converted approx $30 CAD.. Up here it costs approx $55 CAD. And the worst part about it.. is Canada is one of the States largest providers of gas lol.

Yeah it sucks eh? We give them alot of their oil and yet its more expensive here.

It's even worse in Europe. That's basically because Canadians and Europeans are overtaxed. The US has much lower taxes.

A friend of mine in Europe had to pay something like 2000 to get a drivers license for 4 years. I told him it was like $30 here and he was astounded.

It's even worse in Europe. That's basically because Canadians and Europeans are overtaxed. The US has much lower taxes.

A friend of mine in Europe had to pay something like 2000 to get a drivers license for 4 years. I told him it was like $30 here and he was astounded.

We are over taxed but this expensive gas isn't because of taxes. Its because the oil we use in our cars is imported.

Actually that is because you have to go to drivers school, here, and can't just get on the road with a permit ^^

Back