• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 controller question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff G

In my endeavor to try gaming on the big screen, i wanted to try using a controller since sitting on the couch with keyboard and mouse is very uncomfortable.
I plugged the ps3 controller in to my htpc to see how it would work, it showed up as PS3 Controller and just worked.
I thought "Perfect, on to the gaming rig!" So I plugged it in to my gaming rig and it didn't even recognize it.
Any idea what I need to do to make it work? I tried USB2 and USB3 ports, neither worked any better. Both PC's are running the same version of Windows. Same controller amd cable.

Okay, so I tried every USB port on my gaming rig. Same issue on all ports. I tried the USB3 port again that I tried the first time (changing absolutely nothing else) and now it works.
Go figure.
Wish I could tell you what I did for anyone else that might have this issue, but I don't know what I did other than unplug and plug it back in several times :/

Back