• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ps3 or 360?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lets see, as for exclusives... "Halo 3"...? Care to name some?

PS3 had, statistically, the best reviewed games for 2008. I saw a chart for all consoles a while ago, I'll see if I can pull it up.

If I must :rolleyes:

Halo series
Mass Effect
Fable 2
Gears of War
Crackdown
Saints Row
Project Gotham Series
Ace Combat 6

Those are off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more....sigh

I forgot about Crackdown and Saint's Row. They weren't that bad although Saint's Row was a little buggy. Forza is way better than any gt game. I love the online play so much in that game. I used to play it all the time.

I agree on the 360 for software....both games and online service it's way ahead right now. Also, so far with games that are cross-platform and simultaneously released, 360 versions have generally been better for one reason or another. The game gap might close within the next two years, but those waiting on the online service to catch up are probably going to be holding their breath a really long time.

And the PS3 has more reliable hardware currently and Blu-Ray capability.

One thing that people don't often consider... If a person has a nice PC, they can buy a Blu-Ray drive and full-blown movie software and have a superb Blu-Ray player.

Also, if a person doesn't have an immediate need or desire for Blu-Ray, they can also play the waiting game on a stand-alone player. It's just a matter of time before they're less than $100 like regular DVD players eventually were.

What error?

Btw, Xbox 360 is loud as hell. Just google 'noisy xbox 360 fan'. People actually turn up the volume on the TV so they dont have to listen to it.

Ahh I'm going to disagree especially if you have a newer version of the 360. I got the old version of the elite, before the die shrink. Mine RROD'd though. Once I got it back it was like 10x quieter then before. :beer:

As for GTA... Rockstar has hinted that the 360 probably won't be able to handle GTA V due to a lack of space. So unless you want to buy another console in another year and a half...

I'm guess that is meant for the people without 120gb hard drives lol. Elite FTW.

And my opinion, XBOX is where its at if you want multiplayer. Call of Duty 4 kicks ***.

well i had a ps2 and i liked it a lot until i got into pc games. But now i have a reason to get a ps3 since it doesnt look like they are making gta4 for pc. If gta4 will be online play wont it be free for ps3 and not for 360?

well i had a ps2 and i liked it a lot until i got into pc games. But now i have a reason to get a ps3 since it doesnt look like they are making gta4 for pc. If gta4 will be online play wont it be free for ps3 and not for 360?

yeah, but you pay a flat fee for Xbox Live to play all multiplayer games, it's not on a per game basis..... The cost is equal to less than the cost of 1 game a year, but then again PSN is nothing (for now).... I wouldn't be surprised if they started charging once HOME is rolled out.

With the Xbox Live, you pay a flat fee for the full version of the service and then you have full access to the online service and any of the games. It costs less than one new game a year.

I don't count Live costing money against the 360 like a lot of people - here's why:

If Sony offered an exact clone of Live for the exact same cost of what MS charges along with the current free option they have, most of the PS3 fans would be telling you, "Buy the full service! It's worth it!" Most of those who say otherwise are either lying or don't know what they are missing.

So, if online play/usage is something that you would make heavy use of, that would be an aspect that weighs in favor of the 360 despite the cost of the service.

I don't count Live costing money against the 360 like a lot of people - here's why:

If Sony offered an exact clone of Live for the exact same cost of what MS charges along with the current free option they have, most of the PS3 fans would be telling you, "Buy the full service! It's worth it!" Most of those who say otherwise are either lying or don't know what they are missing.

That's a big "IF", Sony will be offering in-game XMB very soon and I don't think that they will be charging for it.

OP: PS3 for the Blu-Ray, the killer line-up of games coming soon, and the FREE online play.

I'm prolly picking up a PS3 this weekend. Now that the format war is over I'd rather be picking up the few new movies I get that are worth owning a permanent copy of on blu-ray. It will put the finishing piece on my tri-fecta, 360, Wii, and PS3.

I usually see the 60gb PS3's used on Craigslist in the $400 range, which is a pretty good deal.

If I must :rolleyes:

Halo series
Mass Effect
Fable 2
Gears of War
Crackdown
Saints Row
Project Gotham Series
Ace Combat 6

Those are off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more....sigh

Fable (an original xbox game?) and Saints Row were both excellent, but Saints Row sure had its bugs.

If you're going to bring games that haven't even been released yet, then I would have mentioned MGS4, God of War 3, Final Fantasy series, Resistance 2... etc..

Most people say Ace Combat, while purdy, gets boring fast, and I know from firsthand that Crackdown is the same exact thing over and over after you've played for an hour, with zero story.

Mass Effect and Gears of War aren't exclusive, and for the second time, he has a PC.

Correct. Playing online on PS3 will be free, while it is $7.99 per month or $49.99 per year for Xbox Live.

where you guys purchase your consoles from? Ive checked a couple sites (best buy and newegg) and they only offer it in the 40 gig model.

hold on so they stopped making the other models that can play ps2 games? o well i really dont need to play ps2 games since i do have a ps2, but thats kinda silly

hold on so they stopped making the other models that can play ps2 games? o well i really dont need to play ps2 games since i do have a ps2, but thats kinda silly

80GB does (Check the list), but you'll have to shell out more coin.

Back