• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 Screenshot, absolutly terrible.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows graphics mean everything when it comes to games, right? :rolleyes:

At any rate, it doesn't look that bad to me.

Graphics mean something when i have to spend 70$ on a game that looks like it could have been made for ps2 and i could spend 35$ on it.

Im saying it looks bad for a ps3 game, compared to other graphics.

Eh, I thought it looked all right...I wouldn't really spend 70 bucks on any game, to be totally honest.

LOLMG! The 360 wins! No really... those really do look horible, only the MGS4 pics look good... and they're not very impressive.

And notice the nvidia trademark?
Jaggies anyone?

crfracer290 said:
FEAR on the 360 looks allright, nothing compared to PC.

The PC version looks much much better... are game developers being lazy here? Because theres some real real nice looking games, and then some.. eh. games.

IDK, this looks pretty damn good to me
ps3_warhawk_24.jpg

I wouldn't spend a penny on a PS3 but it wouldn't surprise me if the graphics turn out to be marginally better than a X360 in the end. I'm sure there will be a lot of ugly games early on though.

In fact, I'd say looking through that list that F.E.A.R. and GT are the exceptions rather than the rule. Most of the games look pretty good or okay if we're to base off those images.

You have to remember though... the PS3 has basically a 7800GTX, and the 360 has a GPU comparable to the X1900XTX... which is more powerful? Well, the PS3 somehow, but not by much.

And that pic from Warhawk... heh, I could do that at 1080p easily with an efficient engine on my video card at a much higher framerate.

Shell said:
You have to remember though... the PS3 has basically a 7800GTX, and the 360 has a GPU comparable to the X1900XTX... which is more powerful? Well, the PS3 somehow, but not by much.

And that pic from Warhawk... heh, I could do that at 1080p easily with an efficient engine on my video card at a much higher framerate.

wow good for you! you want a cookie?

alike alot of the screen shots say in the corners, "work in progress"

and to be honest who really cares? shallow gamers aparently. i have to admit graphics of a game have ruined one game for me and that was EverQuest....i got so tired of talking to boxes all the time.
and before some one comes out saying something about power lemme say this, these are consoles, this is ALL they do. they do not have windows running in the background, they do not have messengers running in the corner to gobble up bits and peices to slow things down like computers.

if some one could make a dedicated game for a modern PC, kinda like it'll have its own partition on your HD it would be so much faster.

I gotta say im inpressed with warhawk if not mistaken what its called.

That game looks sweet.

As for the PS3 itself, it does look atractive. I mean spending $600 (because i'd want the top end model) eeh might be pushing it for me but now that the user interface is showing up and how much it acts like a PSP (which I do enjoy that interface) it is looking nicer and nicer. Oh well will have to wait and see and try itout in the store along with Wii when the time comes.

You sony haters are getting ridiculous.

"Graphics mean NOTHING!"

"Graphics mean EVERYTHING!"

At least come up with some sort of strategy about what it is you hate so much.

Edit: And did we really need ANOTHER "we hate sony" thread? This wouldn't have fit in the "Why do you hate sony so much? Thread" or one of the other twenty similar threads here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back