• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Corsair VS450 or Tacens Radix VI 550W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fenix_ps3

Registered
I need your help.

I have seen two good PSU for price and performance.

Corsair VS450 has the best efficiency I think and can support 500W in reviews but Tacens Radix VI 550W has 550W and I don't like to be too just.

Both have 34A on the +12V, I think it is important and better than Two lines +12V.

I have a FX-6300 95W processor and I'd like to use a HD7950, what is the best PSU?

What are you using for video and drives. 550 watts is not that much. I don't think my system would even boot with 550 watts.

Please post pictures of the sticker on the side of each PSU.

I have to see more the 12V's watts? It is 384W from a 550W (Tacens) VS 408 from a 450W (Corsair)?

Label.jpg

4.jpg

In a review I have read that Corsair VS450 can deliver more than 450W, could it explain that has better 12V channel than a 550W PSU?

http://hardwareinsights.com/wp/corsair-vs450-review/

Please help, I have to get one for a 7950 and I see that 34A is brillant for this Corsair 450W PSU, thanks

What are you using for video and drives. 550 watts is not that much. I don't think my system would even boot with 550 watts.

if it is the sig rigs a 550w psu could probably both.

as for the OP ive never heard of a tacens so i cant tell you how good it is, but does the 450 have the correct connections to power a 7950?

That Corsair is the better unit by far.

I wouldn't trust this "Tacens Radix" to be anything besides a fire hazard.

Yes, Corsair VS450 has 2 PCI-E connectors and 34A that I think is too many for a 450W PSU.

It could be the reason that it can deliver more than 450W in the review (about 500W).

i can assure you the corsair is going to be a quality power supply.

i can assure you the corsair is going to be a quality power supply.

Yes, if it can support about 450-500 in the review I think that it's better than buy a 500 PSU although a 550 PSU could be more sure for a 7950.

34A from a 450W PSU is impressive.

LOL, sure it would. I would overclock the snot out of your system with a quality 550W PSU. :screwy:

Yes, Corsair VS450 has 2 PCI-E connectors and 34A that I think is too many for a 450W PSU.

It could be the reason that it can deliver more than 450W in the review (about 500W).

Yes, if it can support about 450-500 in the review I think that it's better than buy a 500 PSU although a 550 PSU could be more sure for a 7950.

34A from a 450W PSU is impressive.
Not impressive. Normal. It is standard for modern PSU's to have the vast majority of their output on the 12v rail because that is what modern (for the past few/several years) PC's use. Id get that Corsair for sure. I wouldn't do too much overclocking though...

Last edited:
They recommend a 650 watt power supply for that card at 1 site and 500 watt at another. The power draw is 200/138. I would look at the power draw of the rest of your devices; add them up and see what you come up with. Leave some headroom.

They recommend a 650 watt power supply for that card at 1 site and 500 watt at another. The power draw is 200/138. I would look at the power draw of the rest of your devices; add them up and see what you come up with. Leave some headroom.

You'd have a better chance of hitting a gnat with a BB gun than pulling 400W with the OP's setup.

I'm telling you, at stock, it will be plenty. I would even overclock a bit on both and the OP will still be ok. Yours uses much less than his even... ;)

The Corsair VS450 definitely seems like the better deal. The other one is a completely unknown brand to me.

The VS450 is made by Channel Well Technology (CWT), which makes a number of good power supplies for Corsair. So, the manufacturer of the product isn't typically known for low-quality or sub-standard components.

Last edited:
CWT is well known for installing what the customer asks them to, be that top notch excellence (Tt Toughpower XT 1275/1375/1475) or medium-junkish stuff. The VS PSUs aren't exactly top quality, if I recall correctly they're in more or less the same boat as the CX units. Serviceable, but not fantastic.

CWT is well known for installing what the customer asks them to, be that top notch excellence (Tt Toughpower XT 1275/1375/1475) or medium-junkish stuff. The VS PSUs aren't exactly top quality, if I recall correctly they're in more or less the same boat as the CX units. Serviceable, but not fantastic.

I'll buy a VS450W.

Last edited:
Back