• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU opinion install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClutchDisk

Just curious. I can mount my psu exhaust fan side down or exhaust fan side up. The case has vent at the bottom of the case. Psu is bottom case mounted. Does anyone have an opinion exhaust fan up or down ? I have 2 different opinions in my head. One say's exhaust fan up blowing into the case better cooling for the psu, but the other side of my head say's your pumping heated air from the psu into the case. Then I think maybe exhaust down blow the hot air out of the bottom out of the case. But I also noticed that all the diodes and other doodads will be on the top side of the psu facing down opposite the fan's exhaust and of course heat rises and on that side of the psu no exhaust vents are there so the heat cannot escape efficiently. Up, down or does it matter ?:confused::shrug:

you can mount it down thats hwo i have mine, the only thing i might suggest is to put a filter on the outer side of the port made from womens nylon stockings with the tiniest pores make sure to fold it over for double width

Have it blowing down out of the case, if it is blowing up then you will have warm air circulation in your case, that is not a good thing. They have the vent on the bottom for a reason.

Down it is. Openning the case and turning the psu exhaust fan side down. Needed a little push to go one way or the other. Down sounds about right. Appreciated the little push. Thax.

Last edited:
Back