• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED PUBG Battlegrounds Required Ports and Anti-Cheat Service Problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unsafesteagle

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone can confirm the required ports to run Pubg Battlegrounds.
Also wondering if anyone can confirm the Anti-Cheat Service Problem may also be port related.

Tks

I play the game, but how would I find out what port it uses?

What anti-cheat problem?

Are you getting an error message (which one?) or..... what's going on, exactly? Help us help you by sharing some details, please...

Also, if you were trying this last night, the game was being patched (patch tuesday!) and was down/unavailable from 20:00 to ~00:00 ET.

Edit: I googled your question and it came up with this...

PUBG: Battlegrounds - Steam​

• TCP: 27015, 27036
  • UDP: 27015, 27031-27036

.... that said, I never had to that, but simply accept the pop-up/dialog box/Windows notification of network access when installing the game. I also don't mess with my network like you do either... just plain old ISP -> my own modem -> my own router.

Last edited:
PUBG-ERROR.jpg

This time here it didnt load online match

Also sometimes the game loads up just to boot me off within 10 minutes.
Prints out an anti-cheat message

Im thinking its gotta be a port translation problem with random ports , idk

Those ports you listed , those are standard ports for the Steam Client. Those ports are forwarded.
Lobby yes.
Ive done the training up to casual ... then it was problems

Casual is still online with real people (so is training). So you're connecting to pubg (lobby) and games, sometimes, and being kicked out by anti-cheat, but only in normal matches? Is the message different when it kicks you out in game?

Can you connect that pc to something not being manipulated on your custom network? Like maybe tether your 5g phone to it and see if it disconnects when trying to game? At least this will tell you if it's the network or the game/pc. Have you verified the files in steam? What about uninstall and reinstall the game?

Is it something as simple as allowing it in windows (that newtwork popup to allow public connection...)? Do you have it listed as an exception?

Last edited:
i've never played PUBG, but i do know that some games won't let you play through a VPN, because of all the cheating that happens anonymously through them. So those games just block all known IP address used by known VPNs. i've actually had to use split-tunnelling to keep GW2 off the VPN's network because they block my VPN's addresses.

i've never played PUBG, but i do know that some games won't let you play through a VPN, because of all the cheating that happens anonymously through them. So those games just block all known IP address used by known VPNs. i've actually had to use split-tunnelling to keep GW2 off the VPN's network because they block my VPN's addresses.
On this game you can...at least through PureVPN. I use an EU address to play on their servers. It still could be an issue in that network though.

@unsafesteagle
Have you verified the files in steam? What about uninstall and reinstall the game?

I'm gonna load the game up from the NAT subnet see if it's firewall rules or random port translation , both of which I believe are working as expected from that address space

I loaded the game up on my alternate system that stays behind the NAT Router.
First thing i noticed is Battleye was blocking required files from loading and prevented the game from starting.
The error n file appeared to be related to directx.
I then completed the online guides with instructions to removing pubg and reinstalling.

The problem remained. I then tried reinstalling and reading about directx windows 11 installations.
Ultimately pubg connects to online matches from the behind the NAT Router.
Maintenance i completed to get Pubg to run include;
1. Reenable disabled Expired Trusted Root Certificate Authority in the Windows Certificate Store
I had disabled expired certificates in the windows certificate store as i wanted to tightened down cryptographic cyphers.
Some of these Root Certificates are over 20 Years expired yet remain required for certain applications.
2. Microsoft C++ Redistributable packages reinstalled , removing many packages and reinstalling the newer available versions.
3. Enable Steam and Battleye to run as Administrator from the Properties-->Compatibility Tab of the actual running executable
Using task manager i navigated to the executable location and changed Steam and Battleye to run as Administrator

Completing these items , Pubg connected to an online match without being kicked by anti-cheat service from the NAT'd subnet

Pubg is experiencing connection issues from the DMZ Public Address Space as this space has tighter filtering active.

:popcorn::fight::shock::-/:attn:

Completing these items , Pubg connected to an online match without being kicked by anti-cheat service from the NAT'd subnet
Glad you got it working! See you on the battlefield!

I wonder what did it........I don't have Steam/battleye running as admin, so at least on my system that doesn't seem to be preventing things from running.

Back