• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump smoked :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imagicko

Got a brand new MCP35X and hooked it up all good. The pump was primed and I was testing it with the inlet and outlet in one large bucket full of water. And then smoke started coming out of the pump. I switched off the pump and now i doesn't turn on. Water started leaking from inside the pump so I'm guessing the seal is destroyed. The pump was hooked up to 12VDC without PWM. The pump is destroyed, but I don't know if such an event is covered under warranty. I don't even know what I did wrong. Any inputs?

Time for RMA. Don't open the pump as breaking the sticker can void the warranty.

Better to have happened during testing phase than after installation.

bummin, this is where amazon prime comes in handy ;) i had a ddc 310 fry itself on me. amazon didnt ask a question about it. just sent me a email with return shipping and 2 days later my loot was back in my bank account. i buy all my electronics through amazon now.

gl with the rma!

Back