• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pumps for my new w/c setup :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quantumburnz

I've been looking at pumps. I found an Azoo Powerhead 1200 for $14.99 that pushes 317 gph. Is this enough if I start with cooling my CPU then go to cooling my video card as well? My issue is with the brand too. It has a 1/2" outlet, so everything is all good on it, but I've been looking at the Maxi-Jet, Otto, Via-Aqua, Rio, and the cheap brands like that. Is there anything wrong with that?

I think I'm gonna get this Azoo pump, but I'll wait a couple min to hear what you guys think.

D00d! That's crazy! You know what though, that's funny. that was the exact website I was looking to get my pump at. I was lookin at these ones here. I think they look pretty nice. What do you guys think?

quantumburnz said:
test to see my new sig
Since you brought it up, your sig is viewable,its also over the limit. Ten standard sized line maximum. [/End thread detour]

Get a $25 Via Aqua 1300. 370gph and a mag drive. I've had mine for about a month, and it's been great... and quiet!

Alright, so I ordered the Azoo one, so we'll see how it goes. My major thing now is finding a good heater core now. I wasn't able to find much at the local auto shops. Guess I may have to get one online. The Black Ice Extreme rev. 2 I guess?

quantumburnz said:
Alright, so I ordered the Azoo one, so we'll see how it goes. My major thing now is finding a good heater core now. I wasn't able to find much at the local auto shops. Guess I may have to get one online. The Black Ice Extreme rev. 2 I guess?
Link.

quantumburnz said:

Try a $30 heater core from D-Tek Customs.

www.dtekcustoms.com

I was lookin at that one. Is there a difference between the $30 ones and the ones that are almost $60 besides the color and stuff? Do they all cool the same?

check out bill adams article in the watercooling section on the main site.
I'd almost bet money the d-tek will outperform the black ice.
HOWEVER
the black ice will fit alot easier in a mid tower.
fitting my 6x9x2 monster was an excercise in compromise.
I just cant see spending 60+ on a radiator, when i can go to the autoparts store and the hardware store and make one for $24.
I may pick up a black ice though for my water lan box I'm planning.

let me start by saing this. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU PAINT A RADIATOR paint is an insulator which will handy cap the prefromance. on another not they are way the heck over priced go to auto zone and get a heater core they range from 16.95 up to like 35 bux. better preformance just slightly harder to fit in a case but not that hard.

Don't quote me on this but I think the colored rads you can buy online have some kind of annodizing on them instead of paint, which is a lot less of an insulator.

eoboard did you get this pump as i have one sitting here and i think i need barbs or something also http://www.ewdcc.com/ sells rads cheap and barbed up for you in the size you want and they are less expensive than dtek and others.

I've got an Eheim 1250. It kicks water up a good 7 feet or so from the unit without anything hooked up to it. Unfortunately that's all I've been able to do with it so far. A friend of mine who's a machinist was going to mod my Swiftech waterblock for me so I could use larger hose. I ripped the quick-connects out of it, then he destroyed his knee. He can't work, thusly I can't get it modded. I've been sitting in that holding pattern since the end of last summer. But it's still cold out so I've got some time yet. I don't really feel the need to water cool until summer forces me to use the more powerful (noisy) fan I have for my Volcano 6+. For my rad I'm going with an all copper heater core for a GM car. I don't remember the model # off the top of my head or which car its made for specifically (I priced it last summer). But it's only going to cost me $35 Can and I can get it from an autoparts store right across the street from me.

Back