• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purchasing Office 2010 Standard for 4 Users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Hi All,

I'm looking for the cheapest way to purchase 4 Office 2010 Standard installs. I'm struggling to find the simple answers from Google.

They are currently running 2003 so no upgrade path that I'm aware of.

This is also in the UK - if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Scott

Any reason it should be 2010 and not 2013?

Edit: As far as I know, all 2010 Office was 3 installs per license.

Tried getting hold of Microsoft and asking them?

I would say find someone going to school, but I think that deal is US only.

No one got an answer on this one? :)

Best option is to go to Amazon and buy the installs you need, or better, ring round your local computer shops and see if they have any old Office 2010 packs for sale which they can probably be persuaded to part with cheap. (Note, it'll need to be the independent shops, not Curry's etc.).

However, unless you've got a really strong reason not to, I'd really recommend getting Office 2013. It's a significant improvement and you can buy it outright or get it on subscription. I own Office 2010, but I've actually moved to getting Office 2013 on a subscription. Normally, you'd want to get Home Premium which is £79.99 a year and lets you install on five devices. Home Premium includes Outlook so that probably covers everything you want from Standard. I actually have business needs so I get an Office 365 business subscription that includes downloadable desktop versions.

Hope that's of some help.

Hi h4rm0ny,

Thanks for the reply.

My reason for not running 2013 is due to some XP machines. I'll see what I can do, its going to require some costing to see which is the better option in the end.

Thanks again.

Scott

Back