• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting a twist on things..."A Virtual Pictorial Journal"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have played around a little with modeling the mobo...it shouldn't be toooo difficult, but I think it will be the hardest by far. The level of difficulty will depend on how detailed I decide to get. Modeling it will consist mostly of texturing...like all the little transistors, mosfets, etc. It'll be a challenge though!!! :D

-NCB

ok, here's an idea, try modeling out a couple of the items that stick out on the mobo seperately. Make 1 capacitor model, and resize/clone as needed, same for mosfets, PCI slots, RAM slots, etc, etc...

UPDATE

Here is my latest project...a 9800 pro. Still a major work in progress, but this is where I am at so far. Still have a little modeling to do and a lot of texturing!

9800%20pro%20WIP.jpg

-NCB

You said you took a class on autocad right? Based on your work I;m guessing you got an A++..

that is just sic work NcBaller...

:drool: good grief! That is insane, please tell me you work as a graphics artist/designer or something. Are you self taught? What programs do you use?

Nope, I'm not a graphic artist. 100% self taught. I took a few AutoCad classes, but not any 3dsMax classes. I have been playing around with max for about 4 months...it's fun stuff :). I'll have an update after a while. Thanks for the complements!

-NCB

NcBaller1985, I dont know about the other guys but I'd like to see a small tutorial on how you go about making all of these. Just take something small(say a NIC). I dont know if you have that kind of time, but pretty sure a few of the guys here would be intersted in reading it.

Even if not, great work. far better than I've ever even dreamed of doing.

:drool:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you made a successful carreer out of that skill. I cant wait to see you put it all together with a case :D

NcBaller - that is one NICE 9800!!

I just started to model my 9800 earlier this week, guess I should've checked this thread first. I guess I should just stop modeling mine now.

I'll have to poke around and see what other hardware I can find, and see if I can add anything to your collection.

(also - I'd REALLY like to get a copy of that 9800 file, as I was going to start designing a gpu block for it. SO I hope you post it up soon.)

You guys are rediculous...

I can't wait to see a comprehensive database.

*Wiping the dust off my copy of Inventors Series*

Well, I should have an update later tonight...I had a real long day at work, 9:30am to 9:30pm :(. Also, I was thinking about maybe posting just some misc. parts up for download...like an S-Video connection, VGA connection, and other general parts that are "universal" and are used on all parts of computers. That way any of the modelers out there could save a little time modeling. Just an idea and if you think it's a good idea and might be useful just tell me and I will get them all set up for download as soon as I can get a chance.

-NCB

Also Albigger I can send you the 9800 pro file once I get it all finished. I probably wouldn't send all the pictures I used for the UVW mapping (I have used a TON so far), but the simple 3D model is all you should have to use for modeling and parts to go on it. I hope you are able to contribute to the library as I haven't received ANY FILES FROM ANYONE! I was really hoping to have a very comprehensive database of files, but I can't do it all! ;)

My e-mail again if you have ANY modeling files (they don't have to be as detailed as the 9800 pro or anything...and if you would like to give me permission to "touch them up" such as texturing, etc. then I will).

[email protected]

Please include your name in the e-mail so I can give you credit for your work ;).

NcBaller1985 : Dont worry, I havent forgotten about you, had a real hectic week, I will get those models into Iges format as we had disccussed and email them to you.

yeah.....I'd realllllly like to help but my skills are a bit sub-par at the moment.....I should be of more help sometime in the next couple months though.....all my work in 3d max has been animating rather than modelling so far. but im gonna start workin on modelling a few things in the next month or so.

EDIT: I think this should be made a sticky so that it doesn't need to keep being revived. *hint*hint :D

UPDATE

Sorry for the delay...been busy at work and my free time has been limited. Here is the update I promised though for the 9800. It's about 85% done now...just got to add the fan wires, do some more texturing and make some minor adjustments. Looking good so far IMHO :D.

9800%20pro%20WIP%202.jpg

Thanks again for the models Lunatic_Freak ;)

-NCB

That 9800 is looking great, when your done send me a copy, I can use it as a base for doing my TI4200 (Is it IV or 3DMax? Send me the IV file if its IV).

Ill get you some more models soon, my boss got on me to get some work done today had to stop with the computer stuff
;)

Back