• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting a twist on things..."A Virtual Pictorial Journal"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This thread is still very much alive. I have been working 40+ hours the past couple of weeks so not too much extra time on my hands. :( This project is someting that I just do in my free time when I get motavated. Here are some links to good sites with tutorials and such. I should have some more pics posted up sometime soon.

www.3dbuzz.com
www.3dcafe.com
www.3dkingdom.org
www.highend3d.com
www.3dtotal.com
www.3dspline.com

Hope these can help some of you out! The best site I have used so far is 3dtotal.com.

-NCB

What is the prefferred program from some of you masters out there. Of course I'm a n00b, but I always learn better when thrown right into the more powerful apps than crawling through a n00b oriented one. So what do some of you guys use?

Mystikal~Method said:
necro.jpg

Where can i get one? heheh.

PiSan314159, These apps tend to be fairly expensive. If you are looking to learn you might want to check out Descrete's website(They are the makers of 3dMax) they have a free modeling program called Gmax. You can try and google for it too. It's basicly a stripped down version of 3dmax. I've used it and it's pretty good. so Check it out Gmax.

NcBaller1985 said:
This thread is still very much alive. I have been working 40+ hours the past couple of weeks so not too much extra time on my hands. :( This project is someting that I just do in my free time when I get motavated. Here are some links to good sites with tutorials and such. I should have some more pics posted up sometime soon.

www.3dbuzz.com
www.3dcafe.com
www.3dkingdom.org
www.highend3d.com
www.3dtotal.com
www.3dspline.com

Hope these can help some of you out! The best site I have used so far is 3dtotal.com.

-NCB

Don't forget about http://www.learning-maya.com/tutorials.php :D

What the heck is up Benya...

I haven't seen you on aim or heard from you in forever. We are still talking about the PAPs and all the good times we had. Everytime I go in Eriks kitchen I can't stop laughing because I think of when you were **** drunk swimming in the beer cooler...haha

When will you be back in Wilmington? We will do some major maxing out, and we need to get up with Donnie to hook us up... haha

Nice job on your pics of the PC... peace

-Silentscope

Wow guys, just wow! Been a loooong time since I posted on OC.com, but those models are cool.

Have you considered setting up a library of these parts on a website? If each model (and each constituant (sp?) part) were available for download, everyone could work together on it and come up with a huge set of templates. I would happily host it on my site if you're unable NCB? A quick front end on a database and we're laughing! :D

I apologise if any/all of this has already been suggested? I was scanning a lot of the thread as I'm at work and time is precious here ;)

I started using Maya a while back at Uni and got as far as this...

NewCase8.jpg

...when I was thinking of building a new water-cooled Alu case (from scratch).

oh,,Ok I mistook the drawings as something you planned to actually make.. :)

This stuff is awesome. Keep up the good work guys. I took an autocad class for basic engineering 2 years ago... my skills are nowhere near this level, and I'm a compE major so I probably won't ever use autocad again. Can't wait to see a fully assembled pc in this thread. :)

this is very sweet, i have played with max 5 but i didnt have time to learn it but i did learn a proggie called Autodesk Inventor 7, it is sweet my only complaint is there is a limited amnt of textures/ colors
but i still like iti am trying to do my case but with the curves on the front bezel it is a pain
although i dont have the time or patience to go into that knid of detail :p

~Magick_Man~

Pretty sweet. The only thing I have to add is to just add like, a tad bit more detail on the RAM instead of just wraping a UVMap around it. Alittle emboss on the Corsair and GeIL would make it look perfect. :D And add some refractions

Back