• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

q6600 over clocking for 4ghz club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well the new board proved my theroy wrong completely
the rampage i got did not fix the issue i pushed everything to max ..
so ill be waiting for I7 to drop in price now..

Highest I ever ran my Q6600 was 3.6 24/7, when I had it in the Rampage here and this cooler. Good luck doing 4G if your not on water all over I'd think :)

:beer:

I push my NB pretty high myself and a few things, long as your monitoring is accurate isn't too much a problem most times I guess.

Dunno if mine will eventually make it to 4.0, but I doubt it on air. This is my current over clock for daily use I upped it from the 3.7 in my sig. At this point, my ram is kinda holding me back because I have 4GB DDR800 and 3GB DDR667 running Dual Channel. With a 422 FSB I am pushing the 667 to the limits. As far as Vcore goes, I am running at 1.525 in bios, 1.52 under full load in CPUZ. IF I pulled out the 667, I "could" get to 450 but not at all stable, this 3.8 doesn't do well folding or trying to run Prime for extended periods, for that I turn down to 3.6. but I am pretty happy with this cpu. Especially since I bought it open box from New egg for 140 dollars.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=591917

Back