• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad-SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kohta

I had a question about SLI since i have only ever owned a couple of Nvidia GPU's.

CrossfireX (4 GPUs) scales like crap, iv'e tried 4x5850's, 4x5870's, 4x6870's, 2x5970's and 4x6970's and while the performance in benchmarks are great, when you play a game it's dreadful, you will get worse frame rates with 4 cards than 3, and very very little gain from 2 to 3.

Is the same true with Nvidia's Quad SLI situation? The reason i ask is because instead of spending $1000 in a dual GPU single card, or 2x 580's you can actually buy some lower end's like the 560 ti for example, and have much more performance, theoretically, for a few hundred less.

But theories has already got me in trouble once with CrossfireX now i think i'll ask before i buy. How does Nvidia's card do in real world performances after 2 cards?

you can't go quad SLI on a 560.

If Nvidia makes good SLI profiles the cards will scale well
as shown in this video (check end for quad sli)

I never experienced many problems with SLI but i only have 2 cards.
most people thinks SLI works better than crossfire but i really don't know.

btw google some benchmarks so you can see for yourself.

I know it scales well up to three cards, and then it drops off quite a bit.
2 card scaling to 3 card scaling also drops a bit, but not as much as 3 to 4 cards.

Back