• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about barbs and elbows.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thorilan said:
anyways my question nik is did you test various curves that wher not joints too ? i would imagine the coeficient would be much less for them but again i could be wrong
I want a semi tight 90degree turn using copper tubing (possibly less of an angle i hope) and i hope that metal tubing will be the answer
The bottom line is that ANY time the water has to change direction, even by all small amount, it all adds up to resistance. WB's typically have 2 90 degree fittings, but nothing you can do about that. What we try to strive for is obtaining the least amount of restrictions as we can. I have a massive u-turn in my tubing, and that adds to the resistance as well except there is nothing I can do about it with the way i have it set up. Even "t" fittings for a bleed line are hogs, worse than a 45 degree sweep. Again, it is about minimizing the flow pigs. Here is a pic of my biggest flow killer:

inside.jpg

Back