• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about H100 function

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You really didn't get out of the amd section did ya? Hehe!

Being serious, though you are right in theory about a smaller process being cooler, ivybridge introduced the inferior TIM between the IHS and core versus solder. So generally overclocking goes down with ivybridge mostly due to that fact and it's inferior heat dissipation.. not to mention the density of components on the silicon are denser.

Well, flow rate is flow rate no matter how much pressure (which is all the size of the tubing would change). So long as it is above 1GPM, then there are only minor improvements to be had regardless.

If i recall correctly, somebody (who? Martin?) took one of those Corsairs apart and the "best" flow rate achieved was 0.6 GPM or something.

@op:
Anyways, maybe some lapping (both CPU&HS) & some LM TIM will make a bigger difference :)

The H100 I had trents would OC my fx8150 to about 4.7GHZ and although better then the Antec 920 it is very comparable. When I was running my Antec 920 the software that came with it to set your fan speed used the coolant temp as a guide, I can never remember those temps getting up over 30 *C ish ..... 35*C tops so the odds of you being able to feel any big temp difference in your tubes would be pretty minimal. As you know I have no Intel background to fall back on for comparison but to me these temps of yours look about right for the H100.

Hope this helps.

Back