• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Mayhems Pastel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CoolM4rshmllow

Registered
For those of you using Mayhems Pastel coolant, how often to change the liquid/clean the loop? Can you go a little longer than just water before the liquid becomes conductive?

It's my daily driver. I've always just used distilled water but I wanted to try the Mayhem out. Just looking for more info on it from other users. Like how often to clean the loop and can I reuse the coolant.

I've had it in for a month, or maybe a couple months now. Plan on doing a tear down at around the 6 month point, unless something happens that makes me investigate it and tear it down sooner.

Didn't get any noticeable difference in temps between distilled and the Mayhem's pastel.

You getting better results with Mayhem rather than distilled water?

Distilled water is the purest form and holds the most thermal properties. Colored fluids have additives in them. If you want color, go colored tubing and LED lighting but that's just my take on it. When it comes to dyes, good luck and keep a good focus on maintenance and the whole loop.

Well that's disappointing lol. When you clean the loop, do you re-use the Mayhem coolant or do you buy new liquid?

Well that's disappointing lol. When you clean the loop, do you re-use the Mayhem coolant or do you buy new liquid?

AFAIK, the effects the coolant has, weakens over time. In some instances, some have said it lasted a few months before you really notice the change in the coloring or effects. For some, it might be sooner.

Regardless, you'll need to completely tear down the loop, rinse it up and pour in a new batch of said fluid for your desired color and or effect.

How often are you cleaning and refilling your loop with distilled water?

Every 6 months I just drain and pour a fresh batch in. Than annually you're suppose to do a full tear down and clean it all up. Check for any anomalies. That's about it. Hell some guys have gone a few years and never touched it but I never advise that to be on the safer side of things. In the end you'll have better longevity on your H20 gear, let alone your components since they're staying cool from a properly maintained loop but it will look nice and clean.

I usually do a tear down every 6 or so months. Just habit and I like doing it. I just put a custom loop in my system so I think I should alright with every 6 months still. I don't use the Mayhem fluid yet. I have a bottle that I bought but after talking to you guys and doing more research, I don't think I'll use it. The color just looks so sexy :/

Back