• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about my temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok so i have a xeon w3690 overclocked to 4.3Ghz at 1.35 volts on the vcore. while gaming temps max out at 70c on all 6 cores i recently had a 240mm aio at 4.01Ghz but decided to up grade my aio. i though going from a 240mm to a 360mm aio would net me better temps, seeing how it had more space and a 3rd fan. even tho i increased my over clock from 4.01 to 4.3 am i missing something below is a link to my AIO thermal paste
is MX-4

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/masterliquid-ml360r-rgb/

A lot depends on the performance of the AIO, just because it's bigger doesn't always make it that much better, fan speed and pressure, pump speed and then the raad, how many FPI, thickness, and material all play a big role in the efficiency of and AIO

But you're right, 4.3 and staying in the 70s is decent

A lot depends on the performance of the AIO, just because it's bigger doesn't always make it that much better, fan speed and pressure, pump speed and then the raad, how many FPI, thickness, and material all play a big role in the efficiency of and AIO

But you're right, 4.3 and staying in the 70s is decent

would switching the fans on my rad from exhaust to intake lower my temps at all even if just a few c?

would switching the fans on my rad from exhaust to intake lower my temps at all even if just a few c?

Some people do that but I have always though exhausting warm air into the case was kind of backward. You'll want to make sure you have tons of fans exhausting that warm air out of the case

In this case, the rad size is not the bottleneck, but rather the thermal compound. Increasing rad size can reduce coolant temp, but only in a small range. You either have to delid the CPU or use liquid metal to get better temp.

Back