• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the Antec 900..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JamesXP said:
The antec fans are fine. Replace them if you wish.

So the antec fans compare to the yate loons performance wise? aka doesn't make a difference what you use?

I don't care how loud/quiet they are, just looking in performance differences.

Well....that yate loon does 45 cfm at 1200 rpm at 24db, where as, the Antec fans, do 39 cfm at 1200rpm at 25db. So, its true the Yate loons are better performance wise, but why would u want to take away the sweet led's :beer:

lol, i understand u want the best performance, and the loons definitely do a little bit more, but im not sure its really worth it....

replace the antec fans if you want more airflow, but don't replace them with those particular YLs. upgrading to the d12sl yate loons won't bring you much more airflow, but a step up to the d12m certainly will. they really aren't that much louder either, I'm using both in my current case and can't tell which is which over the hum of my gpu fan anyway

I really didn't care for the tricool fans that Antec was using a few years ago. The Yate Loon 28db fans seem quieter than 28db and move some air. Undervolting the Yate Loon mediums also works well.

mortimer said:
I really didn't care for the tricool fans that Antec was using a few years ago. The Yate Loon 28db fans seem quieter than 28db and move some air. Undervolting the Yate Loon mediums also works well.
personally, I've found that undervolting the Yate Loon highs works excellently. At 7v it's roughly the equivalent of a medium (D12SM), judging from the two fans side by side, and at 5v it's was significantly quieter, around D12SL levels in noise and air flow if I were to guess

jellysandwich said:
only rare because its a typo - ds12m

:)
Oh that makes sense.

While we're on the subject, I have a question;

The standard Lian-Li case fan is made by Adda- 80mm- AD0812LB-A76GL
CFM = 26.4 / db = 23

Is that a decent fan or should I get a few 30-40cfm / 30dba fans? Is the noise difference that much?

lol, webdevour and jellysandwich, you're both wrong. note that I said D12SM, which exists here, whereas webdevour typed D12M, and jellysandwich thought DS12M which is also a typo. I win :D (unless you're referring to post #5, which is indeed a typo, although I got it right 2 posts after)

I've looked at those various yate loon fans far too often to not know the model numbers by memory

shirker said:
lol, webdevour and jellysandwich, you're both wrong. note that I said D12SM, which exists here, whereas webdevour typed D12M, and jellysandwich thought DS12M which is also a typo. I win :D (unless you're referring to post #5, which is indeed a typo, although I got it right 2 posts after)

I've looked at those various yate loon fans far too often to not know the model numbers by memory
Yea I looked at the post where you hit the typo, unfortunately.

shirker said:

wth? i was obviously pointing out that "d12m" was the typo, and
and that "d12sm" was the real name. or maybe it wasnt that
obvious ... either way, i say you lose!

webdevour, 7dba can be quite significant. its up to u to decide if
its worth it for a few C difference (id say less than 5C, closer to 2).

Are the stock case fans that I posted at least decent though? Do they move a good amount of air for how noisy they are (which isn't very, at all)?

The standard Lian-Li case fan is made by Adda- 80mm- AD0812LB-A76GL
CFM = 26.4 / db = 23

Don't bother. I have them on the lowest setting and the cooling is tremendous.
Turning them up is unnecessary but you could if you like overkill.

Back