• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about water block on graphics card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PvtWulf

Will water block on graphics card help improve 3DMARK score? Have overclocked card ,ZOTAC 980 TI AMPED EXTREME, with MSI ABurner and hit wall ,can i go farther with water?

Need about 500 more points to get 18000,is it possible ? If i water it? Did i post in wrong section?

Depends how much further you can overclock, which depends on how good of a piece of silicon you have.

Thought overclocking the cpu would help, went to 5 on i7-6700k, but score is better at 48.

Have you tried playing with ram speed and timings that should be worth a few points.

Havent yet this is new board for me,ASUS Maximus VIII Formula, and trying to figure it out, gonna take it to my grandsons house and maby he can help me. ATM ur right probably not stable at 5 lots of voltage . Havent been able to locate good to overclocking guide yet,for that board. Score im getting is bumping pretty close to sli systems though.

Last edited:
Nice Kenrou, never heard of that card. Its a lil pricy right now lol. Those ab settings look weird too me,. 40 core and 400 mem.

Just ran Firestrike with ur settings got 17622 which beats my best so far, i guess its a pay for the score game lol. And knowing what settings. Can get water block for about 130 bucks,or sell my card and get one like yours lol. My settings were 62 core 10 mem. Got it up to 17854, maby i can catch ya Kenrou,with water lol. Using 50 core and 400 mem, maby i can tweek mem a lil more. Will try again tomorrow, got one more tweek on cpu up my sleeve, lol.

Last edited:
Whoa calm down m8 :) 18005 is the overall score, that means its all your components together. You likely will have a better GPU score because my 980Ti tops out at 1460mhz/3900mhz, +40/+300, bonus is that i get there without needing to add voltage, so my temps stay low ~65c. Compare the graphics score 21248, not the overall. As ATM said, there's no point whatsoever putting it on water if you're already hitting max core speeds before screen corruption.

If you have the same CPU at the same clockspeeds, why couldn't he compare it to your overall Kenrou? ;)

I mean, that is about as 'same' as the system can get...

... too bad PvtWulf doesn't seem to have a signature listing his specifications..........................*cough* add that Wulf *cough* :D

Because besides CPU speed we have no idea what setup he has ? i have my cache at 4.6, my ram is overclocked, and he posted no pics of he's own scores, going by overall alone would be a mistake. I mean i don't even know if mine is good or bad, i have never compared it to a similar setup ?

Because besides CPU speed we have no idea what setup he has ? i have my cache at 4.6, my ram is overclocked, and he posted no pics of he's own scores, going by overall alone would be a mistake. I mean i don't even know if mine is good or bad, i have never compared it to a similar setup ?
How do you put specks in sig ? But here they are sorta .

ASUS Maximus VIII Formula
i7-6700K overc 4.9
G SKILL 3400 Trident Z 2x8gb
XSPC RAYSTORM PRO cpu wblock full copper
1 Black Ice 280 Nemesis with Cougar fans and 1 Black Ice Nemesis 240 with Cougar fans
Sunbeam 4 channel fan controller
Corsair RM 850
D5 wp variable
ZOTAC 980TI AMP EXTREME
Win 10 Pro OEM

Did i forget anything except this.

000_0195.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Kenru can u run a bench with just FIRESTRIKE instead firestrike extreme ?

Attachments

• _DSC0276.jpg
    _DSC0276.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 000_0194.JPG
    000_0194.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 45
Could be anything... drivers, throttling on his gpu... unstable cpu.

Can't see his physics scores so, really no clue.

That should give and idea how much CPU matters in that benchmark. 300 points could easily be just slightly unstable CPU. Add a tiny bit of voltage or lower clocks to see if anything changes.

nimetön.jpg

Back