• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barrtabb

Hello,

So I wanted to get this cpu cooler, Phanteks PH-TC14PE, but my case can only fit a 163mm tall cooler. The Phanteks website says that this cooler is 171 with the fans.

I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas, that they know work, to be able to jam this gigantic cooler into my case.

Case - SILVERSTONE RAVEN Series RV03B-WA

if you have VERYVLOW profile memory or use just the center fan, you could install it in a way that the fan wont go over the top of the heatsink itself. Its 160mm high without fans.

So i think it can fit your case, but it wont in some way.

Boulard83, you own one. I was wondering, is there some way to get the middle fan to be more flush with the top of the heat sink, or is there some bracket in the way?

Has anyone experimented with swapping out the fans on this cooler for 120mm? From what I can see, it is defiantly size of the fans that make this cooler too tall case.

Im not at home but if i remember well, the middle fan on my build is nearly as pushed down as it can be. The other fan is just over my ram wich is not that high.

If you fit 120mm fan on the cooler, youll be OK for sure.

get Gentle Typhoon 3000 RPM fans and get a fan controller. On low RPMs they are very quiet and when you need the power, crank them up. They are very good fans.

We have fan reviews here and links in many posts of fan discussion. newegg has some good choices, but the specialty stores is the place you want to shop for the good stuff.

Back