• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QUESTION

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrewZ

Registered
Are Phobya G-Changer 360/480 V2 radiators more restrictive than Alphacool UT60 or Coolgate G2? Thanks.

bump...? Does anyone here have any experience with or knowledge of Phobya G-Changer 360/480 V2 rads?

Nope I do not. I would have a look at Martin's and skinne's radiator reviews unless these are new gen. rads. If none of those two work out, than have a look at this.

Nope I do not. I would have a look at Martin's and skinne's radiator reviews unless these are new gen. rads. If none of those two work out, than have a look at this.
Thank you for that. I actually been searching all morning and did read every rad review on Extreme Rigs and even watched his videos. Turns out that V2 Phobya's are one of the best for high flow rate/least restriction, depending on gallons per minute. The other is Alphacool UT60 which I was also considering. I woke up remembering I heard something about Phobya's being too restrictive but I guess it was the older Phobya rads. Thank you for the recommended reading though.

Honestly in most cases all the rads are fine since the pumps we use are more than enough to run many rads which include the blocks and fittings. As long as the loop is running efficiently in the 1.0-1.5 GPM range.

I personally like the Black Ice rads and than the Alphacool would be my second choice since they have a big selection in thickness.

It is rare for a radiator to be considered restrictive. The fact that most have relatively large channels as compared to say a cpu block usually means that the majority of our rads are at the low end of the spectrum when it comes to restriction concerns.

Back