• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about Asus Z97-A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I'm hoping someone has the Z97-A motherboard and has a lot of experience with the Z97-A
I am not over clocking, I come here because this forum has people who know a lot about all hardware.
What I would like to know is, are there settings that if changed would give me a faster system ?

I have always bought Asus motherboards and never overclock them.
I also use just the default settings. I just built a new system and I was wondering if I paid for a motherboard and then never got the performance because I just use the factory settings if anyone has the board and have made Bios changes and got better performance.

Thanks in advance

Uhh, overclocking would do that (give better performamce)...but there is no performamce to gain when not doing that really (you are not leaving performance on the table by using defaults).

There is a guide in the I tel section, but basically you raise multi and gave as needed.

Last edited:
I mean you could change the RAM frequency if the default is lower than what the RAM is rated for but that would make almost no difference in performance with the vast majority of applications. You could configure Quick Boot for faster boot times if you haven't. Some little stuff like that but it won't make any appreciable difference in performance.

But the question comes to my mind, if your are willing to muck around in the bios to tweak settings to improve performance without overclocking, why are you reluctant to overclock?

Back