• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiting Crunching....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeniva

well..the dually is dead, the server is getting alot more use, the crunching must go...sorry to say but Team Three Blind Mice is no longer...Yodums Stopped Crunching (due to bad memory I believe). I think its time for me to give it up. In the short time we have been crunching, we have done over 3300 WU's, not too bad :D Maybe someday I'll come back, but the feeling I used to get from SETI just isnt there anymore.

i will keep all my WU's with the OC Seti Team, and I'll most likely still have 1-2 pc's crunching...but the 200+ a week is over.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. If you feel you need to take a break then thats exactly what you should do. This is all for fun and once it stops being fun its time for a break. Good luck with your hardware issues and feel free to come back to active duty any time.

Also, feel free to continue participating in the forums/IRC channel. Remember, you are still part of this team! :D

Cy

Quick! Somebody....

scrape the "Happy Retirement" off the cake and put "Welcome Back - We Missed You" on it!!

Really glad to hear that you have decided to maintain some activity with the team, even at a reduced level your contribution is important. And just as Cy said, even if you were to stop altogether, you are and always will be part of this team!

SkyHook

Jeniva- Even one PC gives you the Seti feel and leaves lots of time to "Smell the Flowers" as John Lennon said.

Happy crunching.

Harvey

My sympathies Marc. I wish you all the best right now. We did chat on MSN and you'll recover in no time, so far so good, you didn't lose your sanity, and thank god you weren't in the house when lightning struck, it could have been alot worst! They just had to hit the dually. . . He had 1gb of ram in there!

i'm glad to see u r stay.

but as Cy said, something we just need a little (just a little!!) break to refresh ourself. however, u r and will always a member w/ this great team!! sorry, u just can't escape from us!! :D

Heh, "cold turkey" is hard.

I'm sure that when my time comes, I will leave at least 1 PC running 24/7. I dont think I could totally quit this addiction. :)

Glad to see you will stay active in this great "hobby", and with the team.

Back