• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED R9-290 Cross fire issue and question, need fresh install CCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thekamikazepr

SO I'm experiencing an issue similar to this one:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=475&threadid=170551&enterthread=y

Basically when I have Crossfire enable in either 290's or 290'x I will get sound stutter (If using speakers).

NOW If I use my Headset (wireless Sony PS3 Headset) My usbs will go bananas on me and power cycle and eventually get locked, at the point I have to restart the PC.

1) IF I alt tab and the game goes to window mode it works perfectly (if using onboard audio), I heard this is cause Crossfire only works in Full screen mode, is this correct?

2) People are claiming that if I use a third party uninstaller to uninstall the current driver and install amd_catalyst_13.11_beta9.2 It should work again (if I don't use the third party software It wont work) Question is: What is the name of this program?

3) I have unlocked and flashed my XFX 290 into a 290x (shaders where unlocked), My powercolor only was only flash. I can see the performance difference while mining (since I dont crossfire)

But when I game Will it still behave as 2x290's (using least common denominator) or will it behave as a 290x/290 mix since they are flasshed?

Also could this be thereason Im crashing? Since my powercolor 290 is flashed to 290x for stability?

:salute:

Update:

Its called Driver fusion.

Last edited:
Back