• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 290X and 290 Owners Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good by stock clocks! :attn:

It looks nice but I have a little concern with the extra heatsinks being attached by thermal glue though. I plan to w/c down the road so is this stuff like the old Arctic Silver stuff and permanent?

Attachments

• accel3.JPG
    accel3.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
After sitting here trying to place them out using the pics above I'm not sure I'll even bother at this point. I was hoping to use it as a temporary cooler but the effort vs return doesn't seem worth it for a couple months.

Also, I would hold off on buying it because I'm assuming they will be releasing another version with more heatsinks included. The current "fit" but they have to be used where they can. There aren't enough of the size to fit the ram so I have to use multiples of the others to cover them for example. I would imagine most of the current kits will have the same problem too. I also don't really trust the thermal tape on the small stuff.

AMD 1090T(Bottle neck on physics tests) on water at 4.1ghz, 290x on air (block ordered) using MSI AB +50 power limit, 1050mhz clock, 1250 mem, stock volts, stock sapphire bios.

User id: realmadrid12
GPU type: 290X
Brand and model: Sapphire R9 290X ref
GPU-Z validation: GPUZ
3D Mark 11P link: 11P
3D Mark 11P score: P10514
3D Mark 11P graphics score: P14904
3D Mark Firestrike link: Fire Strike
3D Mark Firestrike score: 8696
3D Mark Firestrike graphics score: 10549

Last edited:
yesterday I've ordered GTX780 DCII so ( what makes me really sad ) I won't be member of this elite R9 290/X Club :cry: ... at least for some time :cool:

Last edited:
Oh, too bad...why no classified???

1. unavailable in Poland ( there is only ACX which cost ~$100 more )
2. too expensive from evga store

DCII is really good when I'm comparing it to other available cards and price is like cheapest R9 290 + better cooling.
In the price of DCII I can get reference GTX780 EVGA or almost any other brand but other non-reference cards cost ~$100 more.

Its going to be a crapshoot really. And stock bios for stock bios, I would think the HOF would be the best overclocker due to the highest power limit (Lvcoyote ran into the limit in the review here). As we know, its a crapshoot anyway and depends on the quality of the die regardless.

As far as benchmark results go, the Classified has the best average.
OCN has a pretty big sample of 780 results atm, for game benchmarks and not extreme situations.

The key to take away from my post...
stock bios for stock bios
I would imagine most flash to the higher power limit bios' so that is why you are seeing those results. I haven't seen (but is likely out there) a bios for the HOF yet.

Back