• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Radeon 270x Toxic Crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anton3

Registered
Case : Apevia X-sniper 2
Graphics cards: 2x Sapphire Radeon 270x Toxic edition with 3 fans
Case Fans: 140mm intake on the bottom of the side panel
120mm exhaust on the top of the side panel
120mm radiator intake / exhaust corsair H60
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w Gold

While running Furmark I noticed that my primary card was 60c and my secondary card was pushing 90c.
I've tried using MSI custom fan stepping to push the fans to 100% when the card hits 60c but that gave me about 40 seconds longer run time
I flipped my power supply upside down but the bottom crossfire card still has little room to breathe

Aside from a custom water cooling loop does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening? Crossfire is currently disabled not that the heat mattered every game crashes anyway :bang head I've considered buying a new case.

Sure, stop running furmark. It's an unrealistic power virus type load. You want.to test for stability and heat, run unigine heaven and loop it a few times.

Im actually having alot of problems running that dx9 / dx11 in crossfire, same with kombuster. Is OpenGL a better or a reliable option? I think there are a few fixes around the internet I can try.

The temps were fine untill I ran the dx11 extreme benchmark in heaven, finished with 56c on primary and 99c on secondary GPU. Could it be an air flow problem?

Edit: for 210 degrees my exhaust fan is blowing out cold air, im going to try and swap them

intake on the base of the case instead of side panel and exhaust on the bottom 140mm slot

If they are directly next to each other, absolutely. Is the fan spinning up on the 99c card?

Yeah, I followed all the fan guidelines perfectly. What in gonna have to do is lay it on the side and from what I understand the air will go up and allow me to use my side panel for exhaust and bottom / top as intake conning in fron the sides

Tried the cards separate and both finished the dx11 extreme at 47c

Thank you for the tip on unigine heaven I'll be using this from now on

Laid my case on its side with the panel facing up and switched both to exhaust, Top/bottom ( Now left and right side ) are intake and the temperature is down to 30c. Having 3 fans on the card itself really helped as well. Temps are fixed and post is solved

Back